Close

Thread: Light and cover

Question Light and cover

Well, I finally have my Dreamer up and running, tweaked out with lots of ideas from this forum (glass plate, longer and wider spool holders (Because the spools I bought were the wrong size - now I can use a variety of spool sizes.). Thanks to all of you who have gone before me.i have two nuisance questions, why does Flashforge say to remove cover when printing with PLA. Doesn't make sense to me. Also, when I did the samples a white light was in during print. Now, a read light comes in when heating but no light during print. Is there anyway to print with the light I on?

OK - found answer to my own question

Code to turn light on is M146 r255 g255 b255 ; turn lights on for print

It should go in the Starting G-Code just before the 'position nozzle code.

If you want to turn light off - replace the 255 in all three instances with 0

There is another code (I will research this evening and add to this post) to turn light to red which simplify3d uses as a default when nozzles and bed are heating. Basically, you can make these lights to off or white or red as it fits your fancy.

Student
    What I do is add the code you show to turn on the lights and then I copy paste the same code to the end code area and change the code back to M146 r0 g0 b0 to turn the lights off after printing. I think that I added it to the end but will check on location.

My only guess to removing the cover for printing PLA is to help with the cooling.

You want to take the cover off for the same reason, you would want to actively cool your pla as it prints. You need to keep PLA cool while printing and ABS warm.