Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Ditched all the extra insulation under the bed with the exception of one piece of cardboard. Got my Z height dialed in and bed leveled. Adjusted my Estops and got it close enough to dial in the rest with the Extruder multiplier. Printed a fan shroud to see how it would do and it looked decent. Went to print the 20mm test cube and the extruder clogged up again. This has been another issue I've been having is that I can't print back-to-back prints. I need to pull out the filament, clip the end and start fresh otherwise it clogs up. Anyone else ran into this problem before?

I am able to measure the sides of the calibration cube and I get 20.06 and 20.00

what filament are you using and at what temp? it could be any number of issues

it could be filament being out of tolerance as far as diameter in just that small area...

if PLA if the temp starts creeping up the filament itself it can expand in the heatbreak area and cause a jam.

you could be printing faster than the hotend can keep up with...

and thats just to name a few.

Are you running the heatsink cooling fan all the time?

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by mnmattie View Post
    This has been another issue I've been having is that I can't print back-to-back prints. I need to pull out the filament, clip the end and start fresh otherwise it clogs up. Anyone else ran into this problem before?
    Hey mnmattie, I think the clog might be related to your guilder tension in your extruder. When your filament clogs and you have to take the filament out, do you see or feel a small C shape cut out of the side of the filament by the hobbed bolt? Sometimes when the two guider screws on you extruder are too tight or too loose there can be issues.

Student
    Currently running PLA from Microcenter, 1.75MM, white. I was perplexed that I could run one print, but couldn't run another print back to back without a jam.

I am running the heatsink cooling fan at 100% all the time.

Yes when I have a jam, the hobbed bolt chews up the filament.

I'm currently not running any type of filament/part cooler as I need to source another 40mmx10mm fan (on a side note, how did anyone tie in their filament fan? same circuit as the extruder fan?)

Reference for my speeds and info:

Perimeters-30mm/s
    infill-40mm/s
    bed temp-65
    extruder temp-200

running Slic3r 1.1.7 through Repetier-Host V1.0.6

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12