Close

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse

LAYWOO-D3 Printing tips?

I just did my first test print with it and am running into some slop. I downloaded a test object (Cityscape-Plate-Test.stl) and at default settings it gives roughly 40 layers. So I set the bottom to 190. At layer 15, 220, layer 25 200, layer 30 and up back to 190. I imagined that would result in a faux grain layer through the middle. It does. Sorta. But, when the temps increased, I began getting drags of the edges as it went from section to section leaving tiny chunks sticking out as it left a wall and traversed to the next wall to build on.

I was running .22mm layers. It was just a test and I wasn't worried about item definition.

I set the retraction distance to 1mm, and vertical lift to .05mm as I had read it oozes quite a bit, and it does

I would really appreciate it if someone could throw me a bone here and help me get this to print correctly with varying temps to get the wood effect.

Here is what I am getting, black print is standard ABS for reference. As you can see the cylindar is bulging badly with the wood, but only where the temp was raised:
    Attached Images Attached Images