Close

Engineer-in-Training

Hexagon hotend fan flow rate?

Anyone happen to know the flowrate of the fan that ships with the new i3v kits that cools the hex hotend? Also has anyone out there turned the fan around so that it pulls air across the hotend instead of pushing it across? I have some issues with larger ABS prints delaminating and am wondering if it may partially be because the airflow being directed down on the print through the hotend shroud.

Thanks,
    Chadd

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    I am not sure what comes with the newer kits but mine is a 10" that I got last August. It is a 40mm fan that I always run so that it is pulling air rather than pushing.

Engineer-in-Training
    So your fan blows the air out towards the front of the printer? Do you have any issues with filament jams?

Quote Originally Posted by usarmyaircav View Post
    I am not sure what comes with the newer kits but mine is a 10" that I got last August. It is a 40mm fan that I always run so that it is pulling air rather than pushing.

I flipped mine backwards as well without any problems.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    nope no printer jams relating to air, the only jams I get are I feel that occasionally I hit a bulge in my blue makerfarm 1.75 ABS. So far no jams on my hatchbox filament

Flipping the fan if one of the first things i think pretty much everyone does when they start having warping issues.

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks for the replies.

Flipping the fan and adding a cooling fan for PLA right now.

Engineer-in-Training
    Just an update for future reference I turned the fan so it is pulling air across the hotend instead of pushing and like others have mentioned I haven't had any issues.

Thanks,
    Chadd