Close

Pla curl 1st 20 layers

OK SO IM STUCK .. im getting slight pla distortion the 1st 20 or so layers using simply3d software. ive tried heat and no heat on bed , with a fan and without. different nozzle temps so on and so on.. basically its no lifting off the bed it just the layers are rough.. maybe rising above the inside layers a little then it smooths out and looks perfect. i have this with abs also. im using a creator pro dual .. only have this with circle stuff , square and other types are ok . ive used rafts and outlins no luck.. any tips plz?

Add GOC on Google+ Add GOC on Thingiverse
    - Is this an enclosed system? If not, try making a simple enclosure to eliminate drafts.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by propwash View Post
    OK SO IM STUCK .. im getting slight pla distortion the 1st 20 or so layers using simply3d software. ive tried heat and no heat on bed , with a fan and without. different nozzle temps so on and so on.. basically its no lifting off the bed it just the layers are rough.. maybe rising above the inside layers a little then it smooths out and looks perfect. i have this with abs also. im using a creator pro dual .. only have this with circle stuff , square and other types are ok . ive used rafts and outlins no luck.. any tips plz?
    Hi, I have had a very stubborn part before, do this same thing to me.

The way I solved this problem, was get the purple elmers glue stick, rub it on your CLEAN surface. Make sure your bed is level. And slice with a BIG RAFT, I MEAN REALLY BIG.

I did a 35mm perimeter raft, made it really thick, and this worked. Other then that, your geometry sometimes dictates how a part will curl, if at all.