Close

Student

PuzzleBox Mark 1 3D Printer -- Any reviews? Is this good for a start?

I was looking for a very basic, low cost 3D printer, for testing and review. I found some article about the PuzzleBox Mark 1 printer. I wonder if some here have tried it. Any feedback so far?

What are some of the most affordable 3D printing hardware out there? This is purely academic by the way, and I'm just trying to wrap my head around 3D printers and their uses.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    never heard of a puzzle box.

The printrbot simple is about as basic as it gets while still being capable of good prints. Also cheap :-)

http://printrbot.com/shop/simple-makers-kit-2/
    $350 for a build-it-yourself kit/ It doesn't get much cheaper :-)

puzzlebox is a philippine made printer. I bought one myself last april. Very happy with the results. Quality print outputs and training is also included where they will teach you the basics plus tips and tricks. which is good for me because i dont know anything about 3d printing when i first bought it.

Overall an inexpensive 3d printer with great support! Been chatting them up through their website(www.puzzlebox3d.com) and they get to reply pretty fast. If you are interested in 3D printing in the philippines, Puzzlebox 3d printer is for u

ah now we did have someone in the phillipines who was looking for a local made machine.
    Hope he spots this thread :-)
    pretty small build volume.

Quote Originally Posted by contsbryan22 View Post
    I was looking for a very basic, low cost 3D printer, for testing and review. I found some article about the PuzzleBox Mark 1 printer. I wonder if some here have tried it. Any feedback so far?

What are some of the most affordable 3D printing hardware out there? This is purely academic by the way, and I'm just trying to wrap my head around 3D printers and their uses.
    Another best affordable 3D printer now is the Novio 3D printer.

Check out this new released 3D printer. http://www.novio3d.com/
    Novio 3D printer has the best quality and is the most affordable 3D printer in their class.
    This 3D printer offers the best high definition super fine 3D printing technology with very user friendly Auto 3D print software, upgradeable to dual print-heads (coming soon), extendable print plate, high definition quality print with the first in the world 0.2 mm nozzle, the CNC Transformer module, changeable nozzles with Diamond XTR extruder, Novio 3D's Anti-JAM technology and easy print software. With these features, there will be no buyer's regret.
    Last edited by Gaver1974; 06-16-2016 at 05:37 AM.

3D printer from the Phillipines? Wow - I never cease to be amazed how far this industry has come! I agree that the printrbot is simple and about as basic as it gets. Other low cost printers I like are the FlashForge Finder and the da Vinci Jr 1.0 by XYZprinting.

basically a variation on the prusa i3.