Close

Anything FFF compare to the Cube in terms of resolution?

After buying and returning the 3rd gen Cube I am now printing using a Dremel Idea Builder. The Cube was an absolute nightmare with more issues than I care to go over here, but the few times it did work the unflawed areas of the print were pretty much the best FFF results I've ever seen. There was a really creamy surface with tons of detail and lack of easily discernible lap lines. The Dremel (rebranded Flashforge) on the other hand as been a champ, printing everything I throw at it with almost zero problem. However the 100 micron resolution is noticeably less refined than what I got on the 70 micron Cube.

I'm wondering what other printers I should consider for my next upgrade that might come close to the results I was seeing from the Cube in terms of detail. The Ultimaker 2 specs look really good and I like their multiple sub 100 micron resolution options (the Cube was either 70 or 200, locked) but have yet to see an example print up close and personal.

Thanks,
    M

Student
    Follow Fusion3 3D Printers On Twitter
    (disclaimer; employee of Fusion3)

I'd like to suggest you take a look at our printer, the Fusion3 F306.
    The F306 prints at very high speed, while maintaining great print resolution / quality. Also, able to use a wide variety of non-proprietary materials for under $4k.

We've gotten feedback from many of our customers, who need a reliable (and durable) printer for their business or college / tech school. They wished they had just spent the money on ours right at the start, rather than have an expensive learning curve with Makerbots, Cubes, etc... and now have thousands of $'s sunk into unusable hardware.

For more information,
    our site: http://fusion3design.com/
    link to detailed spec sheet: http://www.fusion3design.com/wp-cont...-1.30.2015.pdf

Thanks for your reply. Your printer looks interesting and the speed sounds impressive. However the resolution of the prints isn't as high as the Cube (70 mirons) and the price is out of my budget. I'm looking for something in the 1-2k $ range.

I looked at the example prints on your website and they seem comparable to what I'm getting from the Dremel, but nowhere near as clean as what the Cube was able to spit out.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Fusion3 3D Printers View Post
    (disclaimer; employee of Fusion3)

I'd like to suggest you take a look at our printer, the Fusion3 F306.
    The F306 prints at very high speed, while maintaining great print resolution / quality. Also, able to use a wide variety of non-proprietary materials for under $4k.

We've gotten feedback from many of our customers, who need a reliable (and durable) printer for their business or college / tech school. They wished they had just spent the money on ours right at the start, rather than have an expensive learning curve with Makerbots, Cubes, etc... and now have thousands of $'s sunk into unusable hardware.

For more information,
    our site: http://fusion3design.com/
    link to detailed spec sheet: http://www.fusion3design.com/wp-cont...-1.30.2015.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by mitchfx View Post
    Thanks for your reply. Your printer looks interesting and the speed sounds impressive. However the resolution of the prints isn't as high as the Cube (70 mirons) and the price is out of my budget. I'm looking for something in the 1-2k $ range.

I looked at the example prints on your website and they seem comparable to what I'm getting from the Dremel, but nowhere near as clean as what the Cube was able to spit out.

M
    makerfarm printers have 50 micron resolution (claimed). i personally went with a rapide lite. also 50 micron resoution. waiting for it to arrive. both printers are affordable, but require assembly.

Student
    Add MTD on Thingiverse
    Buy a broken Da Vinci 1.0 and mod it into oblivion like I have. I am consistently getting good parts now at .8mm resolution. I haven't tried anything lower than that, but for the price you cant beat it. Even after all the hardware I had to replace i am still sub 1k.

If you didnt get the results from the dremel (if it is a flashforge rebranded. i trust you are right) then it may be a matter of settings etc. I am running my precision prints on the FF creator pro at .1 and getting insanely good results.
    this picture isnt the best, but ive seen this reel (its a sort of translucent gold) up against .5 and .7 prints and its on par or better.

Student

My understanding is that you are indeed correct about the Dremel. I love my Flashforge Creator Pro. I've seen a good amount of prints and, in my opinion, the Flashforge prints better than most. This Octopus SD card holder was printed at .1 using eSun red ABS. The surface wasn't touched up at all, that's straight off the printer. I did clean a few stringy bits out of the SD card holder slots though.

Check out my vid of the unboxing of this bad boy here... http://makersome.com/flashforge-creator-x-pro-unboxing/
    Attached Images Attached Images