Close

Question iPad Use Only? Traveling 3D Printer - HELP!

Hello, everyone! I'm probably a very unique person to join this thread.

I work for a library system that has eight libraries. Last year we bought one makerbot replicator mini to use for library programs and help teach the community. But the biggest hang up is that it must be mobile.
    I do the presentations in local schools to teach everyone about 3D Printing. But this can be a task.

I usually come in with the 3d printer, a tote full of wires and cables and other items, and have to set up. Not to mention its hard for me to sync the mini to a new WiFi network every time I visit a new school.

So... My question is ....

Do you think it would be possible to hook up an iPad to the Makerbot Mini via USB? I know I'd have to get a port converter. But would the app recognize the object and not require me to use wifi? I'd love to control the makerbot with just the app on the ipad.

If anyone has any suggestions on what to do I'd really appreciate it. I've got so many cords but the wifi feature is too much for me to set up for a program. Thanks so much everyone.

Can't this be done using the makerbot PrintShop App ? I think your iPad needs to have cellular capability though ?