Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Pulling the trigger on another printer, please help me decide.

Hello everyone.

A little while ago I asked which enthusiast grade printers best compared to the industrial grade printers.

I think I settled on the printer I want to get which is the makergear M2.

The only thing I am worried about, is after getting this printer and spending a good amount of cash, will there be another version coming out from makergear that is better then this one? I just dont this printer to be obsolete tomorrow. See what I mean?

If anyone knows whats going on at makergear and their product line, let me know to wait or not.

Student
    Add taskman on Facebook Add taskman on Google+ Add taskman on Thingiverse
    Would you consider a DLP printer starting in the range of $2500?

Hi,
    If you look at printer manufacturers, some have a clear record of providing upgrades and not leaving you stranded.
    This one is pretty documented for instance : http://www.spiderbot.eu/en/
    If you look at printrbot they also provide upgrade/ retrofit kits.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    I am afraid that this is the way with technology, especially new technologies. Because of the drive for innovation in 3d technology things are going to be changing quickly. You have to pick a horse to back in the end. In a couple of years time you will have to look on in envy at your friends who have 3D printers that can also make tea and do the dishes.

My policy is always to invest in quality and that way you always end up with a machine that works and you can potentially sell it one to finance an upgrade.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    will there be another version coming out from makergear that is better then this one?
    well obviously.
    Will your machine be obsolete - don't be daft.
    It will do exactly what it did when you bought it. I own a flashforge creator - based on an old makerbot design. This is probably the most copied and cloned design in the world.
    Why ?
    Because it works.
    Yes there are bigger, faster and more expenesive printers - does that make mine crap or obsolete - oh hell no :-)

You can dither and sit on the sidelines for ever - or you can buy a printer and start making stuff.

Student
    The M2 is a nice printer. The Zeus by AIO Robotics is pretty sweet too if you haven't seen it. Prints and scans and does both very well. Might take your capabilities up a notch. It's very new on the market so it will have some longevity and its very forward thinking. It does things other companies will be mimicking soon. You don't even need a computer to slice... it does it all. You can see it here...

http://makersome.com/store/zeus-3d-printer/

Student
    MakersomeGuy your website seems to be blocked in Australia

Student
    Very sorry about that. The Web guy got a little over zealous locking stuff down. That should be fixed in a few minutes

Student
    Taskman - Very cool looking DLP printer by the way.

Student
    Thank you.

Seems I can't write a message shorter than 10 characters so here are more characters to keep the forum happy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast