Close

A couple of questions

So I got my 12" with RUMBA board and put it together pretty easily and then did some pretty good test pieces. So I have 2 questions. How tight should the springs on the extruder be. And when the hotend is heating up I get some material coming out when the extruder is not turning. I am using Cura PLA 210 hotend and 70 bed.

Engineer
    It should take some effort to pull the idler back to change the filament. As for the hotend, that's called oozing, and it's normal. As the plastic in your hotend warms up with the hotend, it gets softer and expands. It can't expand back up towards the extruder, so it comes out the nozzle. You can "control" it (kinda) by manually retracting the filament a short bit by turning the large gear by hand when you see it oozing.

Thanks for the reply. So I just thought of another question. Should I level the bed with everything heated up ?

Supposedly leveling with everything heated up is the most accurate method, but I've never seen any better results from it . The extruder's springs should be compressed to 11mm when filament is loaded; use calipers or a ruler to measure the springs from idler to washer.

So I have done a couple of prints and everything is turning out pretty good. But the x belt is rubbing against the x-idler and makes a loud noise. When looking at the belt alignment I can see black rubber in the v rail. The gear on the stepper motor is all the way adjusted in with the gears facing towards the end of the shaft. Will flipping the gear around fix the issue?