Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Tygon and silicon will not maintain the arc without some sort of piano wire support. PTFE and PFA will. PFA can be had in a more transparent state than PTFE and is cheaper.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    what's pfa ?

And yeah lol, the ptfe tube arrived and it's not much more transparent than the black tubes. Oh well.
    But it's plenty stiff enough so I've got apre tubing if I ever get round to a front mounted feed system.

Student
    FWIW, on my Replicator, I use an overhead spool and got rid of the tubes. No feed issues at all.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    got a picture ?
    Sounds like a good idea.

I'd like to change the filament from back where it'sa pita to reach to front - but on top would work also.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    got a picture ?
    Sounds like a good idea.

I'd like to change the filament from back where it'sa pita to reach to front - but on top would work also.

Nothing really. I have an acrylic hood, so my spools just sit on rollers on top of the hood. While the hood is having no problems supporting the spools, I intend to add a PVC frame to hold the spools on a crossbar in roughly the same position. I hated having to access the back to fiddle with a spool. Here the filament just feeds through the natural top edge seam of the hood. Lots of different roller variations on Thingiverse. Yes, carriage motion is often dragging the filament off the spool, but I have seen no artifacts in the prints that I can attribute to this. Since this picture I'd added a jam/filament out detector, as shown in http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:616975 I also use a Dremel polishing wheel (the white fabric kind) as a dust wiper/oil applicator, just slipped on the filament before the extruder. I've also gotten rid of the extruder top plate, which is surprisingly heavy, but I need to replace it with something smaller to support the cable clamp.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Follow lucidpsykosis On Twitter Add lucidpsykosis on Thingiverse
    I used the same teflon tubing that's in the exturders, to feed the filament. The only thing that worried me, was the clearance between the lid and where the tube comes out on my Dreamer. Happy to see it worked out
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12