Close

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
    Back at home, and I just commented out deactivate_servo_delay and recompiled. The M280 command is now working as advertised

Thoughts?
    I came here just to tell you I have no idea why the m280 command doesnt work once the deactivate_servo is enabled. I searched for it and found nothing but I didnt really look too hard since I just use the m280 command to get my servo positions and go back in and enable the deacivate_servo_delay. This occurred with both makerfarm's marlin firmware and dacb's.

Back at home, and I just commented out deactivate_servo_delay and recompiled. The M280 command is now working as advertised

Thoughts?
    Can you please tell me EXACTLY what you did to deactivate the servo delay? Did you set:

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 0

????

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Can you please tell me EXACTLY what you did to deactivate the servo delay? Did you set:

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 0

????
    Hi Roxy,

In config.h around line #321 in my file I disabled the servo delay by adding // at the start of the line i.e.:

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300 M280 command does nothing

//#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300 M280 command works as expected.

In config.h around line #321 ...

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300 M280 command does nothing
    OK, sorry to be dense... I'm pretty sure you are not saying this. But the 'M280 command...' was not part of the #define. Right?

Assuming this is true... Something very strange is going on...

OK, sorry to be dense... I'm pretty sure you are not saying this. But the 'M280 command...' was not part of the #define. Right?

Assuming this is true... Something very strange is going on...
    Correct, when the entry in config.h is:

#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300

then the
    M280 command does nothing

when the entry in config.h is:

//#define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300

then the
    M280 command works as expected.

Sorry for the poor wording.

Could this be why?

The firmware I am using is the one pointed i3v 12" build notes:

Marlin_RUMBA_i3v_GLCDPercent at https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B80...BCdkdUaDg/view

Reading through numerous threads it appears that Marlin_Marlin_v1 at https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin
    is more up to date and is the better way to go. If that is the case I'll start playing around with that version and see what happens.

Reading through numerous threads it appears that Marlin_Marlin_v1 at https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin
    is more up to date and is the better way to go. If that is the case I'll start playing around with that version and see what happens.
    Yes, the BeckDac version is a good choice. And... If there is still a problem with M280 it will be much easier to figure it out. Let us know what happens!

Resolved!

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    Yes, the BeckDac version is a good choice. And... If there is still a problem with M280 it will be much easier to figure it out. Let us know what happens!
    OK, spent the last few days playing with software and Raspberry Pi's!

I now have the BeckDac version running, and the M280 command works as advertised regardless of whether #define PROBE_SERVO_DEACTIVATION_DELAY 300 is active or not.

To get the version running required 1 change to the pins.h file and about a dozen changes to the config.h file. All is running pretty well now, and the ABL is behaving.

If any one wants to know the changes I made, let me know.

Engineer-in-Training
    Urrg!

I am at my wits end. I cannot get my first layer to stick anymore. I cleaned out the nozzle and had to reset my offsets. Followed the same procedure as before but my first layer is not sticking. I measured and remeasured everything. When I run a G29 command and pause the print in the first layer it measures fine. The machine reads .2 and the feelers confirm this. Trouble is my prints don't stick.

I was advised to increase the offset in the firmware to bring the nozzle closer but this doesn't make sense to me. Should the measurements match? If the machine thinks it is at .2 the actual nozzle should be at .2. This just makes sense to me.

What am I missing in the slicer to get this to stick?

Technician
    Hi All I have purchased the micro switch and servo that is referenced in the zenmaster videos and will be printing Clough42's cooling shroud and ABL parts soon. I quickly read through all 14 pages of this post and was overwhelmed.

After I install the parts would the proper course of events be as follows?

1. Update my firmware from the default that I got from Makerfarm to the newest version?
    2. Follow steps in post number 118 on this thread by ex-egll.

that it?

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast