Close

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Progress!!

The battle continues. After my previous post there was no sign of life in the servo. In addition it was possible to turn the servo by hand, this should not have been the case if the PWM signal was active. Another look at pins.h and Configuration.h showed the following anomaly:

Configuration.h line 65
    #define MOTHERBOARD 80
    this is for the Rumba board

but in pins.h the only place where the servos are referenced starts at line 454:
    #ifdef NUM_SERVOS
    and continues to line 468

This is part of the if statement at line 301
    #if MOTHERBOARD == 3 || MOTHERBOARD == 33 || MOTHERBOARD == 34 || MOTHERBOARD == 35 || MOTHERBOARD == 77
    which caters only for the RAMPS / MEGA RAMPS / 3Drag Controller boards.

I copied the contents of lines 454 through 468 in pins.h and inserted them at line 1251 which is the Motherboard 80 section.

A quick recompile and the servo now obeys instructions.

Any one see any problems with this modification?

Confused ---- M280

I pretty much had everything working, and was doing the last set of calibration runs when, through my own fault, I had a small mishap. The servo was extending , but it was too close to one of the clips holding the glass down and the switch snapped off the arm. I reverted to the original firmware, mounted the switch back in its original location and printed a new arm.

I then started the ABL process from scratch, but was unable to control the servo using the M280 P0 Sxxx command, Thinking I had damaged the servo I tested it on an Arduino test setup and it worked. Many tests later and still no response to the command; however I found it would act correctly to the M401 and M402 commands, as well as to the G28 and G29 commands. In each case the servo raised and lowered the arm correctly, but still no movement from the M280 command.

Any ideas?

What does M280 print out? Anything? If you give M280 a bogus number like M280 P 99 does it print an error message out? The reason I'm asking is the M280 command is bracketed by #if NUM_SERVOS > 0 and you may not have NUM_SERVOS defined ????

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
    I pretty much had everything working, and was doing the last set of calibration runs when, through my own fault, I had a small mishap. The servo was extending , but it was too close to one of the clips holding the glass down and the switch snapped off the arm. I reverted to the original firmware, mounted the switch back in its original location and printed a new arm.

I then started the ABL process from scratch, but was unable to control the servo using the M280 P0 Sxxx command, Thinking I had damaged the servo I tested it on an Arduino test setup and it worked. Many tests later and still no response to the command; however I found it would act correctly to the M401 and M402 commands, as well as to the G28 and G29 commands. In each case the servo raised and lowered the arm correctly, but still no movement from the M280 command.

Any ideas?
    If you have deactivate_servo_delay enabled the m280 command no longer works. I dont know if there is another command to get this to work but in my experience once I enable the servo_delay I can no longer use the m280 command to move the servo.

Quote Originally Posted by kablahz View Post
    If you have deactivate_servo_delay enabled the m280 command no longer works. I dont know if there is another command to get this to work but in my experience once I enable the servo_delay I can no longer use the m280 command to move the servo.
    Bingo! That's the change I made! Never really thought that would cause it... you live and learn! Anyway, ABL is now working fine.

Hmmm... I have a Deactivate Servo Delay and my M280 command works????

Hmmm... I have a Deactivate Servo Delay and my M280 command works????
    Ummmm, need to do a little more investigating!

The system just returns an OK when I send an M280 command. If I send an invalid servo number it returns an error saying that the servo is out of range.

Quote Originally Posted by ex-egll View Post
    Ummmm, need to do a little more investigating!

The system just returns an OK when I send an M280 command. If I send an invalid servo number it returns an error saying that the servo is out of range.
    OK... That means the code to handle the M280 is in your firmware image. If it isn't engaging the probe... Something else is going on. Are you giving it good servo and position numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy View Post
    OK... That means the code to handle the M280 is in your firmware image. If it isn't engaging the probe... Something else is going on. Are you giving it good servo and position numbers?
    Yup, the servo angles I got when M280 was working are in the firmware now, and the servo arm moves to those positions. I can change those numbers in the firmware and the servo then moves to the new positions. I am using those numbers in the M280 command i.e. M280 P0 S155. I am away from home at the moment, when I get back I'll try disabling the deactivate_servo_delay line and see what happens.

I'll update tomorrow

Back at home, and I just commented out deactivate_servo_delay and recompiled. The M280 command is now working as advertised

Thoughts?

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast