Close

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Before I loaded the abl the printer was working fine. I can go into pronterface and move the x axis and it moves the correct way. Just only when it goes to home yhe x axis it moves to left of the printer instead of the the right which it did before.

Technician
    Draud, when you say that the x-axis moves the correct direction in pronterface, what do you mean exactly? Is it that:
    a) the axis moves to the right when you push the +x buttons on the right side of the UI circle or
    b) the axis moves away from the endstop (to the left) when you push the +x button on the right side of the UI circle

If your machine is set up per Colin's instructions it should to b).

If it is doing a), it is actually incorrectly moving on both move and home commands and you should probably flip the motor connector. If it is doing b) for move commands but still homing left I'm not sure what is wrong exactly. I might give it some manual move commands G1 X100 type moves to make sure which direction the machine thinks is positive.

For reference, tsteever's copy of Marlin does tell the axis to home in the min direction.
    Code:
    // ENDSTOP SETTINGS:// Sets direction of endstops when homing; 1=MAX, -1=MIN
    #define X_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Y_HOME_DIR -1
    #define Z_HOME_DIR -1

Im pretty sure that it is doing a But will make sure when I get home. It was weird that it switched from using one firmware to another.

Technician
    I thought maybe there would be a difference in this section of the configuration.h file, but tsteever's matches Colins.
    Code:
    #define INVERT_X_DIR true    // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true#define INVERT_Y_DIR false    // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
    #define INVERT_Z_DIR true     // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
    #define INVERT_E0_DIR false   // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
    #define INVERT_E1_DIR false    // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
    #define INVERT_E2_DIR false   // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

Engineer-in-Training
    I am using the firmware that tsteever posted with just a few mods to it and it works fine on my 12" so it has to be a connector reversed issue.

If it worked previously I wonder if someone went into the FW that was loaded and changed it instead of reversing the connector.

Quote Originally Posted by jasay View Post
    I thought maybe there would be a difference in this section of the configuration.h file, but tsteever's matches Colins.
    Code:
    #define INVERT_X_DIR true    // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true#define INVERT_Y_DIR false    // for Mendel set to true, for Orca set to false
    #define INVERT_Z_DIR true     // for Mendel set to false, for Orca set to true
    #define INVERT_E0_DIR false   // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
    #define INVERT_E1_DIR false    // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false
    #define INVERT_E2_DIR false   // for direct drive extruder v9 set to true, for geared extruder set to false

So I witched the motor around and everything is working fine. Printing out a calibration cube to see how it goes.

Engineer-in-Training
    Marlin (3-9-15).zipI have had a few people tell me they can't download the FW I posted earlier. I will repost it here again.

Hi, I have recently tried to get the ABL working on my i3v 12", unfortunately without too much success. In fact the only success so far is the fact that no smoke has been released from the RUMBA board.

After much wading through forums and you tube I put together a "plan of action":

1. The standard servo plug needs rewiring to plug into the RUMBA board
    Reverse the +ve and -ve wires so that the -ve is in the middle pin and +ve and signal are on the outer pins

2. Connect the servo to the RUMBA board as follows
    +ve pin 2 of EXP3 +5v
    -ve pin 4 of EXP3 GND
    sig pin 6 of EXP3 PWM1

3. Relocate the Z end switch to the servo arm.

4. Edit pins.h file
    Change Line 455 from
    #define SERVO0_PIN 11
    to
    #define SERVO0_PIN 5
    this assigns the servo signal line to PWM2 which is Pin5 on the 2560 CPU chip and Pin 6 on EXP3

5. Edit Configuration.h file
    Change line 291 from
    #define min_software_endstops true
    to
    #define min_software_endstops false
    allows nozzle to go below 0 as set by probe

Uncomment line 296
    //#define ENABLE_AUTO_BED_LEVELING

Change line 311 from
    #define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 8000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min
    to
    #define XY_TRAVEL_SPEED 4000 // X and Y axis travel speed between probes, in mm/min
    Reduces probe speed to a more conservative value.

Uncomment and change Line 576 from
    //#define NUM_SERVOS 3 // Servo index starts with 0 for M280 command
    to
    #define NUM_SERVOS 1 // Servo index starts with 0 for M280 command

Uncomment lines 583 and 584
    //#define SERVO_ENDSTOPS {-1, -1, 0} // Servo index for X, Y, Z. Disable with -1
    //#define SERVO_ENDSTOP_ANGLES {0,0, 0,0, 70,0} // X,Y,Z Axis Extend and Retract angles

References:
    http://zennmaster.com/random-things
    http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...ed-level/page3

The above changes compiled and uploaded OK

After connecting the servo to the board I issued a M280 P0 110 command from OctoPi, the terminal window showed the following:

Send: M280 P0 110
    Recv: ok Servo 0: 110

but, the arm did not move.

I then repeated the above with a different value M280 P0 20 the terminal window showed the following:

Send: M280 P0 20
    Recv: ok Servo 0: 110

The value in the Recv field displayed the originally sent value. A reboot of the RUMBA was needed to get the system to return the correct value, but again this was only returned on the first string sent.

The servo has been tested, and works on an Arduino UNO. Have I missed anything out in the prep work?

UPDATE:
    I think that I should have sent M280 P0 S110 not M280 P0 110, but it made no difference. Likewise M401 M402 did not work.
    Last edited by ex-egll; 04-28-2015 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    Marlin (3-9-15).zipI have had a few people tell me they can't download the FW I posted earlier. I will repost it here again.
    Thanks for reposting, but unfortunately I still can't download it. The browser redirects to the page, but all it displays is a white backgound.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    3DPrintBoard continues to struggle with issues related to images and attachments. You may have to try posting the zip file at a third party site like dropbox or pastebin.

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast