Close

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Its close enough for what your after :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    There are five files in the link. Which do I download? The Zip file on the right?

Engineer-in-Training
    I went through the Marlin folder in the link provided for the enhanced G29 and made (what I think) are the changes needed for my machine. Many of the changes were made already. Here is the link to the posts for the enhanced G29 thread.

My plan is to just open the Marlin ino in my Arduino, compile and load it into the Rumba. Hopefully it will work as I really am in unknown water here. I read all about trouble people are having with weird movements and am lucky I haven't had this yet. Fingers crossed!

In order to get my nozzle closer to the board I reduced my z axis offset to -2.8. This was before the enhanced version so hopefully it will carry over.

Engineer
    Thank god I found this topic.
    I myself is working with the BI 2.5 from Boots Industry. The hardware is based on the rumba, and it's quite a pain to initiate the auto level bed. I have yet to make a sucessfull attempt.

Engineer-in-Training
    That was my hope, that someone else would benefit from me asking so many questions. I think it is funny that in the beginning of this thread Sniffle made the comment that I would be figuring it out. It seems like I just kinda went along with the ride, he and others did the bulk of the work.

Still gotta get the enhanced firmware loaded. I am hesitant to pull the trigger!

Engineer-in-Training
    So I uploaded the new firmware and things appear to be working with the one exception, and it is a biggie....

After homing the board's new zero point is actually 10mm or so above the glass. I used the offset numbers generated by following the zenmaster guide. What happening there?

When you input g1 z0 its 10mm above the glass?

Engineer-in-Training
    yup. I am a few pages into the enhanced g code thread and haven't come across anything familiar. Gonna have to scour a bit deeper.

So far the only thing I may have to try is the m commands that save setting to the eeprom. Not sure what those actually do. Do they need to be run and inserted into the custom g codes in the slicers?

Engineer-in-Training
    I keep waiting for you to get this finished up so I can start on it myself :O)

I haven't had the time to dig into it for myself yet, hope you get it all figured out.

Technician
    disable epprom to start with , having epprom enabled overrides any changes in your abl procedure. also disable chitchat .

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast