Close

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    the zennmaster guides explain how to update firmware direct from marlin.

Engineer-in-Training
    I'll check that out. In all this I just curious why Colin is so behind the curve on firmware and slicer. I think he is doing a wonderful job and his support is better than the premium printers I have used. It was the deciding factor in my decision to get a maker farm printer.

I I just really need to watch the video as I have no idea what I would even need to do to update the firmware.

I I just want the z to raise before the probe retract! Getting the servo to stop chattering would be nice too. I thought that uncommenting the servo delay would stop that.

Get the servo wired away from the motor wires.

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    the zennmaster guides explain how to update firmware direct from marlin.
    I thought these were a video and I just searched his YouTube uploads and found nothing about firmware. Could you point me to these guides?

Quote Originally Posted by tsteever View Post
    I I just want the z to raise before the probe retract! Getting the servo to stop chattering would be nice too. I thought that uncommenting the servo delay would stop that.
    I think you are going to find it takes a number of things to get the servo's to not chatter. First, if it chattering in the not engaged position you can probably change the position. Instead of using 0 degrees for not engaged, try using 1 degree. If that doesn't help, try 2 degrees. If that doesn't help, try 3 degrees. These cheap servo's have certain spots where they are stable, and they have spots where they chatter.

Technician
    Regarding the chattering enable the servo delay under the abl settings. 300 to 400 will do the job. This eliminates the glitch.

Engineer-in-Training
    I have watched all three of those vids prior to this. If it wasn't for them, I would even be complaining about the servo chattering or hitting the bed. Those videos help enable bed leveling. I am trying to tweak the behavior for my situation.

Yes, as stated, I have also uncommented the servo delay. I have it set to 300 at the moment.

I can can live with the chatter. It isn't too bad. I just notice it on z axis moves when raised. When it is lowered it doesn't chatter.

My my hope is to get the z axis to raise. I am going to study up on the enhanced version of the firmware. I really have no idea what to do to update the entire firmware. So far my experience has been just tweaking the code a bit here and there.

I am am not a coder (surprise) and this intimidates me. The last programming language I learned was fortran back in the 90's so bear with me. I don't remember any of it!

is there a step by step tutorial somewhere for updating the firmware? Is it simply downloading the most recent stable version and then writing my current values into it? That is the part that I don't like as I don't know what needs to be done? There are so many tabs in the arduino and I have only fiddled with three of them!

thats because those 3 are all you are supposed to touch...

config.h
    config_adv,h
    pins_rambo.h

everything else is either other boards or the code running the board... you dont touch that... pretty much you setting options dont change but things get added or refined just make any settings defined in your 3 main files the same in the new downloaded version it will upload ands work the same... but any added features will now be available to you

Engineer-in-Training
    So I can just download this "fork" that was posted in my other thread and it has everything I need. After opening it up in arduino I just tweak the three tabs to match my settings and it should work fine? Sounds easy enough.

here is the fork I was told to download in my other thread. I have no idea if it is the most current stable version. I am not looking to experiment at this point.

https://github.com/beckdac/Marlin

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast