Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

MakerBot Announces the Replicator Z18 - $6,499 12x12x18 Build Size!

- MakerBot Replicator Z18 has been announced

Huge Build size. 12 inches X 12 Inches X 18 Inches (tall) 2,592 cubic inch build volume

You can also make a lot of things at once due to the build size.

Has smart extruder that can tell you when you are out of filament. The smart extruder connects with magnets so it can snap off.

3.5 inch LCD display with vibrant colors. Tells you percentage done for a print. Tells you how much longer it will take to finish.

Can connect via USB cable, Wi-Fi, USB Stick, or Ethernet Cable. Can be shared over a network. Also it is cloud enabled.

Enclosed heated build chamber.

Can be purchased at http://makerbot.com/z18

Ships spring 2014 and is priced at $6,499.

Wow, I'm drooling over this printer. Only if I had an extra $6499 sitting around I'd order it today.

What I think is most awesome about this printer is the fact that it can print 10 items at once. This means that we can create projects with multiple items that snap together, etc. all at once. This is something I've been waiting for, but I'm with you Matt. $6499 is a bit steep for me

Engineer
    this is really nice but looking at their website it says optimized for pla. i would assume that means no abs without mods. hopefully thats not the case since pla is pretty much worthless unless your just printing knick kancks that sit on a shelf. hopefully the thing will do abs as well.

I couldn't imagine they would sell this printer and not make it work with both PLA and ABS.

Either way, this is a very nice printer, one that I can only dream about having in my workspace one day.