Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Show me your bag of fail.

Here is mine.

Plenty of fail in this bag (about 4 pounds worth). I keep all my fails so I can one day recycle. This is all PLA. Most of this is user error, some of it is a broken pinchwheel that screwed up the prints. Either way, it's legitimate fail.

Show me your fails.

Attached Images Attached Images

Senior Engineer
    Fail is such a cruel word, I suspect you mean test / educational pieces.

Engineer-in-Training
    All my fails end up in the recycling bin in my office so I don't have an actual "bag" that I allow to build up.

Staff Engineer
    I don't even have my printer yet, but I already have a grinder that I'll be using for supports, rafts, and learning experiences, so when I do have my bag of fail (well, bins of fail, gotta keep them organized) it'll be pretty boring.

I figure if I wait until I have full bins of ground up plastic, then I'll also have some money saved up for the extruder to turn it back into filament.

Banned
    That first 3 weeks was pretty costly. I went through probably 3 spools of ruined prints before I figured out what works on my machine. Then again this thing isnt as user friendly, I have a beta machine from Type A, it prints nice but is very finnicky.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    pretty much stopped throwing stuff away when i stopped using abs :-)

I do have prototypes, not necessarily fails, but more things slightly too small or too big - some can still be used.
    There's a bin full of warped abs and abs rafts and bits of filament that needs dumping in the recycle bin.

I don't currently see a grinder and extruder as being cost effective or capable of producing commercial grade filament. So given how little I throw away at the moment, I'll just let the council recycle it for me :-)
    Plus there's 4-5 types of filament in there, so not possible to recycle back into filament anyway.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Most of my fails have already ended up in the recycle bin, so I don't have a bag right now, but heres one of my earliest failed prints, comedic results:

Banned
    That is borderline successful marm. My fails are so bad that you wouldnt even know what the object was supposed to be.

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Oh I've had fails like that, I just found this one to be humorous.

Unicorn with dysentery

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by Marm View Post
    Oh I've had fails like that, I just found this one to be humorous.

Unicorn with dysentery
    I thought it had the worst case of worms I have ever seen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast