Close

Thread: LulzBot TAZ 5

LulzBot TAZ 5

Aleph Objects has been a fast-growing 3D printer manufacturer to keep a watch on, and for good reason. Today they've made some exciting new announcements about product line expansions, starting with their latest 3D printer. The LulzBot TAZ 5 offers some enhanced specs from its popular predecessor, the TAZ 4. Most notably, the TAZ 5 features an all-metal hot end that can achieve temperatures of up to 300°C (572°F). The TAZ 5 is available for order now for $2,200. Additional news from Aleph Objects includes a partnership with eSUN and Fenner Drives, launching new 'officially supported LulzBot filament materials' in a broad range. Finally, the Cura LulzBot Edition now offers full support for all LulzBot TAZ and Mini 3D printers. For more specs and details on all these announcements, check out the full article: http://3dprint.com/43996/lulzbot-taz-5-3d-printer/

Below is a photo of the LulzBot TAZ 5:

Engineer-in-Training
    Add Wolfie on Thingiverse
    Darn it. I JUST ordered my Taz 4. Wonder if I can get my order changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Darn it. I JUST ordered my Taz 4. Wonder if I can get my order changed.
    I presume you got it from a reseller. If you got it in the last 30 days, email sales@lulzbot.com with your order info and we can get you an updated hotend for free.Thanks,-Jeff

Engineer-in-Training
    Quote Originally Posted by jebba View Post
    I presume you got it from a reseller. If you got it in the last 30 days, email sales@lulzbot.com with your order info and we can get you an updated hotend for free.Thanks,-Jeff
    When I said I "just" ordered it, I really meant I just ordered it Ordered it yesterday afternoon from Maker Geeks (.com). I sent an email earlier today (right after my post above) to see if they can swap the Taz 4 for the Taz 5. It hasn't yet shipped according to their email.

Should i just let them ship the v4 and email you or see if they can ship a Taz5?

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    When I said I "just" ordered it, I really meant I just ordered it Ordered it yesterday afternoon from Maker Geeks (.com). I sent an email earlier today (right after my post above) to see if they can swap the Taz 4 for the Taz 5. It hasn't yet shipped according to their email.Should i just let them ship the v4 and email you or see if they can ship a Taz5?
    If you get the 4, you can also get the all metal hotend since you got it within 30 days of TAZ 5, which will leave you with 2 good hotends (one Buda, one All Metal). Other than the hot end and PEI, they are basically identical between 4 and 5.-Jeff

Engineer-in-Training
    Thanks Jeff,

Got an email yesterday from Joshua at Maker Geeks last night. They are going to ship me a Taz 5 sometime next week. I gotta say that they have been extremely responsive and inviting to work with. Glad I did business with a company that treats their customers like they are their friends. This was the first and only order with them and I suspect it won't be the last either.

As for two hot ends. Why? What advantage would it give me? I can't use both and if the Hex hot end is better (which I assume it is or you wouldn't be shipping it with the new printer would ya ), why would I put the other one on? I mean yea, I could just go for the Taz 4 and get a free hex hot end too. But thats getting more than I paid for and I don't play like that.

So, with the new hex hot end, does that mean polycarb filament is workable now?

Ya, you don't really need two hot ends, but well, two is more. Glad to hear you're getting what you want.Polycarb prints at 290C and the all metal hot end does 300C, so you can print it.Thanks,-Jeff

Engineer-in-Training
    Awesome! Now its just a waiting game for the Taz to be delivered tick tock