Close

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse

Garcads WATER-COOLED Hotend does best ABS prints ever!!

I could sit here and ramble away about the amazing prints I have gotten with garcads water-cooled hotend (chillend) but I think the video says it all..

Printer: Reprap prusa-mendel (heavily modified by and for papabur)
    Print speeds where set at a average of 65 mm/s.

0c-230c = 90 seconds flat. cools down just as quick which means more time printing amazing parts and less time tapping your foot waiting for your hotend to warm up!

more to come soon!! thanks for watching and feel free to comment/ask questions as we love feedback! -papabur

Follow papabur On Twitter Add papabur on Facebook Add papabur on Google+ Add papabur on Thingiverse

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Looks cool (pardon the pun)

Just a question, why do you print the quad arms with rafts or support? those mini quad arms print without warping pretty well, I probably print off 12 a day or so of those, the tops come out all nice and shiny. I can't say I need to cool the nozzle down tho, the fans seem t do a reasonable job

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Looks cool (pardon the pun)

Just a question, why do you print the quad arms with rafts or support? those mini quad arms print without warping pretty well, I probably print off 12 a day or so of those, the tops come out all nice and shiny. I can't say I need to cool the nozzle down tho, the fans seem t do a reasonable job

I do not use support or rafting, what you see there on the bracket(which i too have printed quiet a few of, hehe) is just brim and a skirt(blocks air) to help with adhesion..the abs juice does not always do the trick on the longer prints so i use about 2-3mm's of brim around the part and it helps hold the part down. thanks for the pic, very nice quad copter, i got the same one put together on the desk here next to me, lol.
    Last edited by papabur; 01-05-2014 at 04:20 PM.