Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Student
    Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    Good stuff! You're welcome!

Here's a repost of one of mine for N5QM who asked what printer mods are good to collect and get started with.

Repost below:
    To respond to your question about mods to print, here are some I use and would reccomend. I've bolded ones that you should print and use right off the bat and are easy prints, and other unbolded ones that you can (in my opinion) grow in to

1. clough42 - LCD Spacer, Sorbothane Isolation Feet, Print Cooling Fan, Adjustable Z endstop, Improved Hexagon Cooling
    2. zen1 - Pushfit Belt Guide (print one for the x and the y)
    3. swiddie - One Tool Belt Adjustment Bracket
    4. schlotzz - RAMPS 40mm fan mount
    5. benlew - i3v Control Knob
    6. neonpolaris - Spool Mount Smoother
    7. gmay3 - (shameless plug) Snap on LED Tray, Rear mounted spool holder (upgrade after using the stock makerfarm holder + neonpolaris spool smoother)
    Thanks @gmay3!

I've collected your suggestions plus some other initial prints gathered from other topics here.

One thing I was't able to find is the extruder gear set. It seems everyone agrees that having a spare printed set is a must. Right?

BTW as per @MiniMadRyan tip, the order for a 10x10 BuildTak sheet has been placed.

Here is my current collection of things to make thus far:

https://www.thingiverse.com/Renfro/c...things-to-make

Add gmay3 on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfro View Post
    Thanks @gmay3!
    One thing I was't able to find is the extruder gear set. It seems everyone agrees that having a spare printed set is a must. Right?
    http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/ma...-i3v/topic:310

See these comments, and while you're there join the Makerfarm group on thingiverse

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by gmay3 View Post
    http://www.thingiverse.com/groups/ma...-i3v/topic:310

See these comments, and while you're there join the Makerfarm group on thingiverse
    Cool thanks again! Added that to my "to print" list.

What do you guys think about sourcing spare stepper drivers? Can I buy some generic A4988 or should I stick with Maker Farm ?

Cool thanks again! Added that to my "to print" list.

What do you guys think about sourcing spare stepper drivers? Can I buy some generic A4988 or should I stick with Maker Farm ?
    Not that i would be the best to make this call. I have 3 -3d printers and multiple other items that use the same motor drivers. I have never blown one. Though i know how to handle electronics and understand more power is not always better. I have added heat sync and fans in the past on ones that needed it.

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by bstag View Post
    Not that i would be the best to make this call. I have 3 -3d printers and multiple other items that use the same motor drivers. I have never blown one. Though i know how to handle electronics and understand more power is not always better. I have added heat sync and fans in the past on ones that needed it.
    With 3 running printers you are 300% currently more qualified than I am to make this call

Found some generic A4988 in the local market, for almost the same price as chinese and american suppliers. So it's one less thing to worry about.

Funny how I feel this will turn into a rabbit hole. The printer has yet to be shipped and I'm already looking at OctoPi...

With 3 running printers you are 300% currently more qualified than I am to make this call

Found some generic A4988 in the local market, for almost the same price as chinese and american suppliers. So it's one less thing to worry about.

Funny how I feel this will turn into a rabbit hole. The printer has yet to be shipped and I'm already looking at OctoPi...

You will find Alice and sit on a mushroom together before its all over that is for sure. As long as you don't pick up the "drink me" potion you should be alright.

You will find Alice and sit on a mushroom together before its all over that is for sure. As long as you don't pick up the "drink me" potion you should be alright.

but but but... it said drink me... i'm in trouble :-P

Quote Originally Posted by sniffle View Post
    but but but... it said drink me... i'm in trouble :-P
    For you we have a 12 step program. It involves a cnc router, and a large table saw. Hopefully you signed a prenup.

For you we have a 12 step program. It involves a cnc router, and a large table saw. Hopefully you signed a prenup.
    no need for a prenup when you both have nothing but debt :-P

and yes... i see a CNC router in my future.. eventually :-D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12