Close

Easy Nozzle Tool!

I got a brand new 3d printer and right extruder was plugged form manufacture. So i removed the brass nozzle after heating to 230 c and used a SINGER SEWING NEEDLE!! yep thats the ticket just take the needle it to the stove heat it up and push it in the nozzle hole mine is .04mm,... make sure to use pliers or something to hold it so u dont get stuck or burnt...Good luck Happy printing!!!!!!!!!!

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by propwash View Post
    I got a brand new 3d printer and right extruder was plugged form manufacture. So i removed the brass nozzle after heating to 230 c and used a SINGER SEWING NEEDLE!! yep thats the ticket just take the needle it to the stove heat it up and push it in the nozzle hole mine is .04mm,... make sure to use pliers or something to hold it so u dont get stuck or burnt...Good luck Happy printing!!!!!!!!!!
    nice, must be a thin needle!

I actually use electric guitar strings (0.09) light gauge, they are alot thinner than the needle and you can really shove it up all the way through the extruder. Because you have so much to work with, no pliars or gloves are required. The heat takes a very long time to travel up a nickel wound string.. so you can clean out the gunk while its very hot and no burnt pinkys.
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Dang i got 2 les pauls behind me and never thought of that.. thx ..gonna remember that.