Close

Time To Print 45 cm3 Hexagon

I'm looking for a quick time estimate for a simple object on your printer. I have attached the .stl file. How much time would it take on your printer to print this kind of object? Detail and resolution do not need to be high. The object is a simple hexagon that is:

Cm:7.42 w x 1.428 d x 7.294 hIn:2.921 w x 0.562 d x 2.872 h

Attached Files Attached Files

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    whatever the slicer tells me it'll take - then knock about 10 minutes off :-)

Okay - to start with - try and always produce .stl files in millimetres - your file appears to be in inches and makerware converted it to mm.
    Nobody uses inches for 3d.

So at 0.3mm layer height.
    10% infill and 2 layers/perimeters

About an hour to print and 17gms in weight.

Hmm, looking at it if I stood it on end I could print it hollow -
    So on end, 3 layers/perimeters, 70mms it's down to 14gms and 50 minutes.

I've got it down to 40 minutes with 0.4mm layer and 75mms print speed. :-)

I'm learning that about mm, thanks for the heads up. And thank you for the info, I appreciate it. What machine are you printing on? And would there be differences when printing PLA or ABS?

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    flashforge creator - and nope, no differences in print speed as far as abs and pla go..

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    Regarding printing time, i do have slic3r but i never know how long it Will take to print un less i do the actual print, any idea how to Check this on slic3r? And how much filament it Will use?
    i know that after several prints under your belt you get a rought idea but i prefer the sowftware itself to tell me, any toughts?