Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I finally got everything mounted and running nicely. Had an issue with the initial Stepper motor, came defective. After swapping it out, everything is running smooth. Also added the E3d v6 Hot end to the equation. I did revert back to the stock Makerfarm X Carriage.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    I finally got everything mounted and running nicely. Had an issue with the initial Stepper motor, came defective. After swapping it out, everything is running smooth. Also added the E3d v6 Hot end to the equation. I did revert back to the stock Makerfarm X Carriage.
    Nice. How did the e3dV6 fit? Is it tight against the block, or are you counting on the fit with the plate to keep it from moving? I thought it was a little shorter above the groove than the hexagon.

I had to add a Metal washer (the same one that came with Hobbed bolt) to shim it. I did how ever order the mounting plate for the E3D (http://www.filastruder.com/collectio...mounting-plate) waiting for it to arrive.

On a second Note, I was able to mount the cooling fan on the side of the hotend, where it fits underneath the X carriage thus allowing me to mount the parts cooling fan in the front.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo28 View Post
    On a second Note, I was able to mount the cooling fan on the side of the hotend, where it fits underneath the X carriage thus allowing me to mount the parts cooling fan in the front.
    How much spill air comes out the other side? If you put your hand down at the level of the nozzle, can you feel the air blowing down toward the bed?

Ill check that out tonight and let you know. In your opinion, how effective is sucking the air away from the cooling fins versus blowing directly onto?
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    How much spill air comes out the other side? If you put your hand down at the level of the nozzle, can you feel the air blowing down toward the bed?

Technician
    pardon the noob question but, what are the benefits of this vs the stock extruder?

much smaller, lighter...less wear since it is belt and pulley driven. ..plus the cool factor...and quiter.

ok, it has a bit of over spill on to the bed..... as for the extruder bock and the E3d Mounting plate, that was a bust.. didnt fix the slop in the end. What ill do is take your Solid works file and modify to fit the E3D tighter at the block. Would that be ok with you Clough?
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post

I noticed the Hot End Bore assembly is set to 4.75...I think if i make it 3.75 it would do the trick.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast