Close

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    got my PEI sheet intoday, have all the stuff peeled off it and cleaned with alcohol, now to wait on a print to finish so i can pull the glass clean it and install both together :-)

C42 when you get your bed in raise your Z offest by at least .1 I jept my previous offset and while close it made things smoosh into the PEI and when i stopped the print to get it off(i had to wait on the bed to cool and had to scrape it off with my fingernail) for the few moments that the nozzle was stopped to extrude and wipe and where i stopped and immediately raised the hotend there are small littel spots on the sheet. It's not the end of the world you can barely even feel them, but just giving you a heads up ahead of time.

Well...I"m not super impressed with the PEI yet. I have a 1/16 sheet, and it doesn't really stay flat on the bed. It has a little curl to it, so I just orient it with the bow downward and clip it down at the corners. This is okay, but when it heats up, it rises a bit in the middle, causing the nozzle to drag a bit on the first layer.

As for adhesion, it seems similar to glass with hair spray so far. I haven't tried sanding it yet.

Engineer
    Where did everyone get their 3M adhesive sheet? Judging by C42's post, perhaps it may be needed. Still waiting for my PEI sheet to arrive, it's been marked as "delayed".

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    Where did everyone get their 3M adhesive sheet? Judging by C42's post, perhaps it may be needed. Still waiting for my PEI sheet to arrive, it's been marked as "delayed".
    Yup, I've got a delayed package out there, too. Snowstorms are tying everything up. The one time I spent the extra cash for overnight delivery...

Ive been using the PEI sheet from McMaster for a few weeks and its almost to good as its very difficult to remove the parts im going to try some baby powder to see if it releases any better. I have it glued to a sheet of glass with Weldwood contact cement.
    Printing ABS bed temp 60.

Beerdart if you use abl raise your offset by .1-.2 so it isnt pressed so hard onto the pei it helps to have it be not quite so smushed to come off easier

My ABL offset is set to .004" .1mm off the sheet.

My PEI was as good as glass with hairspray until I knocked the temp up to 120 then everything stuck perfectly. To get it very flat, I am using about 9 clips. My only complaint now is that at home, I have a little melted spot.

i think i am up .2 mm from my location pre pei sheet... its odd how differently our sheets react... mine is hard to get off untill it cool then it pops off with slight effort... larger pieces i'm sure are harder

i modified my offset until i got the adhesion and first layer i was looking for... i am unsure of the actual distance

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast