Close

first test of cube code

well, after two months of having this thing, and after a few build fixes that needed new parts shipped out...I finally got it to run the cube code without the plastic.

the first time the wires went ablaze because I used the wrong size stereo wire. by the time I got to wiring the power supply, I forgot all about page 4's wire size instructions...

so, with our first test of the code run, I hope to try our first print on tuesday when the hair spray for the bed arrives. didn't get around to ordering it until the last minute of course.

here is hoping all goes well....I'm a little un sure if I am placing the filament in the right way though...

Follow stridera On Twitter
    Arrives? I just picked up a bottle of Aquanet from the nearest grocery store.

Glad everything didn't go up in flames. Good luck with your first print!

Quote Originally Posted by stridera View Post
    Arrives? I just picked up a bottle of Aquanet from the nearest grocery store.

Glad everything didn't go up in flames. Good luck with your first print!
    first try, second try

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    looks like over extrusion issues?

Follow stridera On Twitter
    I don't know. The small wires on the left ... um.. box? looks fine. I'm not sure if it's just not moving on quick enough or what. Definitely go through the calibration steps though.

Engineer
    2nd try looks way better then your first.. if it keeps improving exponentially.. by your 4th try it will be perfect

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by adamfilip View Post
    2nd try looks way better then your first.. if it keeps improving exponentially.. by your 4th try it will be perfect
    Assuming the one on the right is the second try.

It looks good to me for a second print too. Not many are that good.

currently on cube 4. it's been suggested I lower the temp for PLA so right now nozzle is at 190 and b ed 55. it started out at nozzle 206 and bed 60. so far, only the front side seems to have blobs. the left and right are blob clear and I can't see the back.