Close

My first 3D printer

Until now , I can't stop being excited! Having secleted many brands of 3D printer, I finally bought a Geeetech 3D printer. I can't hellp waiting for printing my first model! Does any one have a website where i can download some simple model (.stl file )to print?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Congratulations.
    thingiverse is probably a good place to start looking for STL files.

Quote Originally Posted by truly_bent View Post
    Congratulations.
    thingiverse is probably a good place to start looking for STL files.
    Thank you so much.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    We have some model files available at https://www.idig3dprinting.co.uk/pro...tegory/models/ . We are trying to pull together an eclectic list of model files (So if anybody out there comes across an interesting file let us know). Thingiverse is a very comprehensive model library though.

Don't forget to pick something simple to start with that is not going to require supports and will not be prone to the effects of warping, i.e. isn't going to have a lot of thin surfaces, probably something akin to a brick. You can then use that to help you calibrate the machine. Once this is done then you can move on to more complex shapes to get the hang of the different issues such as using support structures, warping and using different filament materials.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    how eclectic ? lol
    I've designed - what i believe is the only bird plucker and cleaner 3d print on the net.
    Did 4 ducks monday, goose and 2 ducks last week :-)
    It's been well tested.

I'm also about to post the world's first - and only, 3d printed sling pouch design.
    You need flexible filament. But I'm currently down to 6 gms at 0.8mm thickness. So it's cheap :-)
    Hoping the ninjafles, easyflex and filaflex materials will let me go even thinner.

You're welcome to post this if you want to :-) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:582323
    And yes you could print your own rubber plucking fingers - but it's currently cheaper to buy them.

My second print was the folding secret heart box. And I haven't been able to print one as good since lol
    It's the only abs thing that ever stuck to the kapton.

First print was a cone I designed in openscad.

never printed the standard calibration prints, never needed to.

But there's pretty much everything on thingiverse :-)

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    That is funny curious aardvark. I will think about getting the bird plucker on the website. The video makes it!

Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    how eclectic ? lol
    I've designed - what i believe is the only bird plucker and cleaner 3d print on the net.
    Did 4 ducks monday, goose and 2 ducks last week :-)
    It's been well tested.

I'm also about to post the world's first - and only, 3d printed sling pouch design.
    You need flexible filament. But I'm currently down to 6 gms at 0.8mm thickness. So it's cheap :-)
    Hoping the ninjafles, easyflex and filaflex materials will let me go even thinner.

You're welcome to post this if you want to :-) http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:582323
    And yes you could print your own rubber plucking fingers - but it's currently cheaper to buy them.

My second print was the folding secret heart box. And I haven't been able to print one as good since lol
    It's the only abs thing that ever stuck to the kapton.

First print was a cone I designed in openscad.

never printed the standard calibration prints, never needed to.

But there's pretty much everything on thingiverse :-)

Congrats on your first 3d printer. I remember I can't quite contain my excitement too after getting my own as well. I agree, there are a lot of good model files you can download at thingiverse.com. I've been making use of this website too.