Close

Bondtech V2 Extruder

FFF-based 3D printers rely on the extruder for good print quality and consistency. Martin Bondéus has been, since last summer, developing the Bondtech Extruder in order to create his own piece that would live up to the expectations he had for it. Bondéus, who is also designing a 3D printer, unveiled the latest iteration of his extruder yesterday. The Bondtech Extruder V2 supports both 1.75 and 3.0 mm filament, among several other impressive improvements from the previous iteration. His is offering them now for beta testing, and these extruders are available for $116 + shipping. While these versions are SLS printed in nylon, the final extruder will likely be injection molded plastic. Check out his product and progress in the full article: http://3dprint.com/41127/bondtech-extruder-v2/

Below is a photo of the Bondtech Extruder V2:

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    The interesting thing about this extruder design is how he manages to drive the second pinch wheel, while allowing it lateral movement for varying sizes of filament. I'm assuming he's using gears, but he doesn't show us that. A single gear between them would result in the second wheel rotating in the wrong direction, so there have to be two. Unless i've missed something simple, the trick is allowing for the lateral movement between the two.

Clever and compact. Kudos to Mr. Bondéus.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love it, I'm likely to buy one!