Close

Corners sticking up (not curling off bed) issue

What can cause this? It doesnt seem to match any issues found here http://support.3dverkstan.se/article...shooting-guide This is using makerbot pla, no bed heat, 195 degrees, 80/100 feedrate.

Thanks

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    printing too fast. The pla isn't cold/set when the prnthead stops at the corners so the soft plastic is being pulled up.

Fix by slowing down print speed, printing several parts at a time and or adding active cooling.

80mms is really fast for a flashforge.
    bear in mind that the smaller the part the slower you probably need to print it. It needs cooling down time betwee layers. And that print is obviously not getting it.

Engineer
    This is from Geoff from this forum.

"40ms/70ms = slow but great prints.
    50ms/80ms = faster, but great prints
    65ms/90ms = nice and fast, still prints well, no jerky motions of stepper motors
    75ms/100ms = Seems ok but leaves a big stitch line in the starting corner of your model.
    90ms/150ms = unusable. It misses lines in the print and it looks awful - try it!"

If I want something to look really good, I try to stick around 40-50 area myself, with a 70ms move speed.

I just ran this 10x10x10mm cube on 40/50 with the same temp, could it be the extrusion rate or the filament im using?

Quote Originally Posted by sealfab View Post
    I just ran this 10x10x10mm cube on 40/50 with the same temp, could it be the extrusion rate or the filament im using?
    Im running it again on 10/15 fingers crossed

well here is 10/15 looks like there was some abs deposited in the nozzle, im sure that is not helping but I dont think its related. I have gotten the same issue on each extruder and I know that the right one was clear when I first noticed this issue. What about software does that have anything to do with it? Do different slicers handle corners differently?

I think when you're printing something that small slowing down the speed won't help you in terms of letting the layers cool. Basically you've got a hot extruder head pressing up against a small surface so no area of the surface really has a chance to cool no matter how slowly you're printing. Try printing two or three of the cubes in the same print--when the extruder is working on the other cubes the layer will have time to cool and solidify--then see if you still get the melty corners issue.