Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Engineer
    On top of which there is nothing that cannot be fixed on the Flashforge or similar.

Every single part, the way it fails, how to stop it failing or what ever you like has been discussed on here at length.

Banned
    The flashforge pro has a tiny bed. I need something at least 10x10 or 8x10.

I would get the flashforge but its too small for me. I like the makergear M2, I think that might be the winner.

Engineer-in-Training iDig3Dprinting's Avatar
    Follow iDig3Dprinting On Twitter Add iDig3Dprinting on Facebook Add iDig3Dprinting on Google+ Add iDig3Dprinting on Thingiverse
    I think what you get is going to depend upon you budget and what specifications you are looking for. I take it you are talking about 10x10 inches as opposed to cm. all of your print jobs are going to need some sort of finishing work but you will have to think about resolution on the basis of the intricacy of the parts/printables you want to produce. Build area will also depend on what you are goint to produce, quite large objects can be achieved by the use of a modular design.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by iDig3Dprinting View Post
    I think what you get is going to depend upon you budget and what specifications you are looking for. I take it you are talking about 10x10 inches as opposed to cm. all of your print jobs are going to need some sort of finishing work but you will have to think about resolution on the basis of the intricacy of the parts/printables you want to produce. Build area will also depend on what you are goint to produce, quite large objects can be achieved by the use of a modular design.
    I know what I need, I just can't really find it.

The makergear seems to be close to what I want.

Engineer-in-Training
    The M2 is cantilever, correct? And removeable glass bed?

I believe the Printrbot Metal Plus is about the same size, but lifted on both sides instead of cantilever.

Engineer
    Go on amazon and the makergear forum and hang out a bit. Read reviews and what users have to say. You will be hard pressed to find anyone with anything bad to say about anything. Its a fantastic company, awsome support and the printer is built like a rock. The community is crazy helpful and nice. Look at some pics of the construction on it. Mine prints 16-20 hrs a day 7 days a week for the past year and a half. It has not missed a beat.

Banned
    Thanks jim, have you run into any problems with it being a cantilever design? I am 80% sure I will get the M2.

Engineer
    no not at all. most printers these days are cantilevered. the problem with cantilevered z axis is when they get large. the m2 doesnt have your typical cantilevered setup either like alot of the clone type printers. its completely different and the grade of components is on another level as well. the entire printer is steel and aluminum using linear rails. its a solid machine that just runs and runs. all open source as well. the company has been around since the beginning of home 3d printing also. they are well established and not going anywhere.

Banned
    I was looking at makergear M2 for over a month but I wasnt sure about it until now. Really all the other companies are huge question marks in my mind, this is the only machine that I have heard nothing but good things about. Every other maker has some issue or is overpriced.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123