Close

Designer Creates Frankenstein Style Lightswitch

Jeff Kerr, a consultant at New Matter, is the designer behind such fun concepts as a playable 3D printed guitar, and has now created a new piece that he used to test the capabilities of New Matter's 3rd generation MOD-t prototype 3D printer. His new design was created on SolidWorks, and turns any room into Dr. Frankenstein's laboratory. The Frankenstein light switch cover is a single-switch cover that uses a laboratory-like lever to turn a switch on and off. The design worked well for testing out the MOD-t, and prints in 3 separate pieces. Check out more about the design and New Matter in the full article: http://3dprint.com/39915/frankenstein-light-switch/

Below is a photo of the Frankenstein switch plate:

Staff Engineer
    Silly a it is I think I might have just the place in my house for one of these...

(reminds me that I've missed posting about the update I got last week, I should get on that!)

Engineer
    i saw this a few days back. i think that is the most awesome thing to find its way onto thingiverse in a long time. only problem is almost every lightswitch in my house is 2,3 or 4 position. hopefully he will release one for atleast dual switches.

Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    i saw this a few days back. i think that is the most awesome thing to find its way onto thingiverse in a long time. only problem is almost every lightswitch in my house is 2,3 or 4 position. hopefully he will release one for atleast dual switches.
    I just posted 2 and 3 switch versions last night (I just added more STL files to the original thing). I made some snide comments about 4 switch plates, but I could be persuaded...

Engineer
    4 plate light switch is almost finished

Love these thing's. I literally have them all around my house. People love them when they see them.

Add bford903 on Facebook
    That's cool. Can't wait to print this.

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by jimc View Post
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:655649

here's the 4 switch panel I whipped up for my house. All fit's pretty well. The nubbin's I had to grind down a tad to slide on, maybe the fault of my switch's though.

Thanks again Lobo!