Close

printer tale covering

dear all
    im new to 3 d printing got mine on Saturday my question is the heated table has kapton tape on it followed by blue builders tape do I need both types of covering on
    thanks in advance
    dave anderson

Student
    I don't see the use of having both tapes applied...

I use the blue tape primarily to increase the adhesion of the filament to the bed so it won't come off that easy during printing and allowing me to print much higher objects
    my blue tape has a much rougher surface than the kapton tape and you get different results in your printed objects surface too (the side on the bed)

on kapton tape you have a shiny smooth printed surface as compared to a much rougher surface when you print on the blue tape (obviously)

thanks for the info much appreciated

What print material does your printer use? Blue painter tape is used for PLA and does not want to be heated up. Which printer did you get?

Student
    Quote Originally Posted by SHoutzager View Post
    What print material does your printer use? Blue painter tape is used for PLA and does not want to be heated up. Which printer did you get?
    it doesn't ??

I'm using it for over two weeks now on my heated bed to print my ABS things on it... with the bed heated up to 120°C ... no problems so far
    because the ABS just won't stay on my kapton tape :/