Close

Thread: Print Quality

Student
    Follow Shieldse On Twitter Add Shieldse on Facebook

Question Print Quality

Hello,

I just have a quality question. When i print anythig with any type of rounded edge or side the print quality is not very good. How do i keep the layers even and smooth when printing the rounded parts? It prints all other parts very well and even. As you can see in the attached picture, as the printer prints the rounded parts it loses quality. Thanks for your help
    Attached Images Attached Images

Banned
    Slowing the print down generally helps with quality. What speed are you printing?

Student
    Follow Shieldse On Twitter Add Shieldse on Facebook

Speed

Quote Originally Posted by DBFIU View Post
    Slowing the print down generally helps with quality. What speed are you printing?

I had had to send my printer back because of some issues I was having. I do know that the first layer speed was 25 at 3mm and then 1mm each layer after wards. I have been looking online to find the best settings but have not really found much. I know everyone's settings are different but I just need to copy some settings to get me goods results until I get better at it. So until my new printer arrives, I cannot tell you all the speed settings I had. I have been using different software as well trying to find the best that works for me. I would love to use pronterface and slic3r but just couldn't get it to work right. So I have been using matter control and matter slice.