Close

Looking at wanhao dup 4s

Hiya all,

thought id ask the question.

im looking at the wanhao duplicator 4S.
    in addition I want to work with simplified 3d. (I know, it costs :-(. )

1) am I right in saying simplified 3D also controls the printer in addition to producing the Gcode. Making the original software that comes with the printer redundant.

2) can the resolution be improved from 0.1mm? I was wondering if the machine is physically able to step in layers of less than 0.1mm then the slicing software could be set to a lower value. GCode generated and the machine to just follow the code. This is obviously if the hardware can step in the programmed layer thickness.

3) has anyone changed the nozzle from the standard 0.4mm to a 0.2mm nozzle?

many thanks

Becky

Technologist
    Add truly_bent on Shapeways
    Hi Becky;

I hadn't heard of Simplify3D until your post. I had a quick look around their site and have to say i was impressed with the concept of an all-in-one suite. The price ($149) seems pretty reasonable for what you get.

I was looking specifically to answer your question of setting the Z axis resolution better than 0.1mm. I didn't find anything specific about that but did find this clue:

There is a "Movement Override" setting on your main control panel, which should allow you to increase/decrease your movement settings between 1% and 200%. The only problem with this is that i expect it isn't axis specific. Unless i miss my guess, changing this is likely to affect all axes simultaneously.

They have a forum and i'd be asking them these types of questions before you lay down your money.

(Edit: Found this great Simplify3D demo video on Youtube. The more i see about this package, the more it appeals.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by truly_bent; 01-22-2015 at 10:20 PM.