Close

Staff Engineer

Hardware update #5! could this be the finalized hardware?

Okay, so Hardware Update #5 is up on Youtube (yesterday technically) and I want to discuss this new model. Completely re-done dripper (I'm not sure if I really understant it from the glimpses you see in the video), the integrated laser they talked about before looks awesome, the changeable aperture holder looks rather interesting, and the new mirror mounting assemblies... Pretty much it seems like they have managed to improve to one degree or another every single bit of the design from the hardware that the beta testers got.

In fact, it's almost unrecognizable from the beta Peachy.

The beta hardware, PP28 for reference:

The newest hardware, PP31 (or is it a much higher number than that?)

Sorry about the big images, If someone could tell me how to resize them, I'll edit the post to make them more manageable.

... Now, do the beta testers get to play with this new assembly as well, or is this just going to the lab testing that Rylan talked about?

My only suggestion would be to have the frame arch all the way over the circuit board an have the other piece arch from the other side to make it more rigid, the way it is framed right now I can see it constantly falling out of alignment.

Yes! Listening to the update made me so happy! It really seems things are getting finished, and that we'll get our printers soo(ish). Congrats to Raylan and the team for their awesome efforts

Technologist
    Add Chayat on Shapeways
    It's looking pretty sexy now.

but a further small delay? I totally understand but