Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Diagnosis Help

Diagnosis Help

I'm sure this has been covered over and over, but I really don't know how to find my answer. I don't know exactly what verbage to search for.

I'm getting prints that come out like this:

Printing with a Flashforge creator, Sailfin firmware, Makerbot PLA, 60C bed and I've tried a range from 210C to 195C and end up with just about the same issue, Printing at 40-55 MM with moves at 60-80 depending one which time I try. Smaller stuff I don't end up with this problem often, but certain prints just seem to bug out as they get larger.

Any help for a newb would be greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    It's kinda difficult to see what is error and what is designed. Post up the Stl's or a pic so we can see whats' going on.

I just got a FF creator and im getting amazing results...
    First stab, is the bed leveled properly? looks like it could be partly that...
    have you set an extrusion multiplier?

This is what i'm working on: http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:261462

The small pieces are the fingers w/o bumps and the larger piece is the left palm.

The bed seems nice and level, flat topped prints come out beautifully and the bed leveling script usually comes out quite nice. I havent set anything in the extrusion multiplier

Add Marm on Thingiverse
    Are you using supports?

Yep, used supports and a raft on those, possibly not good enough support on the palm, but the fingers had errors on the top layers which confuses me.

been tweaking settings and getting better results. re-leveled print bed last night and had great results on one of the fingers, supports need tweaking still but getting much better

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Good deal. This experience only comes from trial and error, not reading.

So i'm learning. This prosthetic is giving me more trouble than anything else I've printed. some very small bits and tight tolerences. I'm working on the final piece now and it has such a small surface area on the build platform I'm having to print with a raft that's gonna be a pain to remove.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    add cooling and print slower or with more items on the bed.
    One layer needs to be cool and firm before the next goes down.
    The smaller the area being printed the less time the plastic hs to set before the next layer goes down.
    More items, slower printing (though not as good) and active cooling help fix this.

Looks like the 'first' layer is still warm and sticky when the next layer is going down.

So pla - have you fitted the cooling duct yet ? If not, do so.
    http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:350649
    use this bracket and the duct it links to.
    You'll also need a 24volt 40mm pc fan.
    few quid off amazon.

And you can print the duct out of pla no problem. It's got cold air going through it and it's not actually near enough to the print nozzle to warm up anyway.

Also what layer height and infill % are you printing at ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast