Close

First laying bubbling etc???

Good morning folks.. just a quick question...
    Can this sort of first layer issue be caused by bad filament? It seems 8 hours ago the same print had a perfect first layer. smooth as heck.
    This is a brand new roll of filament from flashforge (included with my printer). Ive never used this type before, but i want to rule it out (its a long print i cant test the other side )
    EDIT : the difference you see also is i upped the temp from 220 - 240 from the right to the left.. but there are other spots that still bubbled a bit at 240. so i dont think its just the temp.
    thanks

I just went back while printing and measured a few spots... from 1.75m to 1.88m and everywhere in between... perhaps thats it

Follow Davo On Twitter Add Davo on Facebook Add Davo on Google+ Add Davo on Shapeways Add Davo on Thingiverse
    Can you up the flow rate slightly, or zero the bed a little closer? It looks like you're not quite filling that layer at the 100% it should be.

OR, what are you printing on? Elmers glue stick? Hairspray? I can't really tell from your pic. I know that if I get too much glue stick down, that can happen, so I'm a little stingy laying it down...

PEI surface... its a piece of plastic that i used 3m to adhere to the bed. it requires no glue, hairspray or anything.. quite amazing...
    so the flow is set to 1... in simplify 3d, im wondering if i should set it to the abs 1.17 standard... or if that still applies.