Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Most of my work is visual design and that can be seen on my Website (link in my signature). I have a degree in Industrial Design and design things all the time. None of them so far have been published in relation to 3d printing. What I have been enjoying about 3d printing is that is has enables me to realize and fabricate some ideas I've been toying with over the years. I don't have a Thingiverse account at this time but am considering it. Pretty much anything I've designed since getting my 3d printer is proprietary so I can't publish them on the web at this time. I got into 3d printing to start a side business because I have some ideas. However, as I mentioned above, I'd be happy to assist a few of you guys here if you need it. Normally I'd charge for design assistance but in the spirit of good-will (and open source/RepRap) I'd be glad to have a look at whatever you might need help with. I've been doing 3d modeling for 19 years and can build practically anything you can imagine.

However, here is one design. I made my self a charging base for my iPhone that works pretty well. I utilizes a two-part design that's glued together with ABS glue, a "lightning" cable and some Sugru.
    iPhoneChargeBase.jpg
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Technologist
    You could also try your local university and find good, cheap labor as interns or paid jobs.

Add RobH2 on Thingiverse
    Razorette3D, I would suggest you approach university students with some care when looking to replace an experienced designer. I was a design student once and yes, I thought very highly of my education and skills. But, like anything, wisdom is earned and not given. Even as cocky as I was back then in school, I realize today how little I actually knew, even as I was a 4.0 GPA student.

Good and cheap are not necessarily two components that facilitate designing something that you plan to invest some of your money into developing or promoting. Sure, if you want some helping hands, a college student will work pretty much for beer money. However, if you are trying to solve some unique design decisions and develop a product that will be better and more unique than the competition, you might need some assistance from someone a little farther up the ladder. Just use care because you get what you pay for.
    Last edited by RobH2; 03-11-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Bambu P1S/AMS
    NVision4D http://nvision4d.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12