Close

Page 284 of 411 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast
Results 2,831 to 2,840 of 4110
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveB View Post
    If you look on Amazon, search with this: ptfe 3d printer 4mm od 2mm id
    I use amazon prime as a filter too. I seem to be buying more on-line these days and joined up with that service. I really like no shipping costs and easy delivery tracking.

Found on there that looks ok. We'll see.

Yea, prime is pretty good.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    I picked up a $30 GoPro Clone to make time lapse videos. Some means of mounting it on my printer was needed so I cobbled this together. It's a remix of one of cncartist's flanged utility bins and a GoPro camera mounting clip. It's now on Thingi, at http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1721735

IMAGES
    Dave,
    Very nice, I'm glad the hanger piece worked out and I may have to print one of these myself!

I did a large tear down yesterday and created a thread with some instructions for replacing the small Y-Axis belt - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...lt-Replacement

Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    Dave,
    Very nice, I'm glad the hanger piece worked out and I may have to print one of these myself!

I did a large tear down yesterday and created a thread with some instructions for replacing the small Y-Axis belt - http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...lt-Replacement
    Thank you! That looks like it will be a huge help. I was wondering about belt material options. What are the tradeoffs w.r.t. belt material choices and what did you use?

I've updated the GoPro mount design once since I printed it, and also managed to break the flange off of one that I had printed. I am now trying a print with the flange flat on the bed in hopes of eliminating the potential fracture line. I will update the design info on Thingi if it works out.

Thank you! That looks like it will be a huge help. I was wondering about belt material options. What are the tradeoffs w.r.t. belt material choices and what did you use?

I've updated the GoPro mount design once since I printed it, and also managed to break the flange off of one that I had printed. I am now trying a print with the flange flat on the bed in hopes of eliminating the potential fracture line. I will update the design info on Thingi if it works out.
    I honestly didn't want to mess with custom belts this time around, I found the whole belt set was $10 and worth the price. Qidi doesn't seem to provide any specs for their items on ebay and now that I have one out of the printer I'll measure the teeth and spec out a belt. It'd be nice to go with kevlar but I'm not sure they make custom kevlar toothed belts of these sizes. Generally, the belt shouldn't stretch over time and have good wear properties.

You're welcome for the info and I'm printing your mount upside down (if that makes sense) right now to empty my spool. The support is really minimal that's being laid down and I'm wondering what infill % you went with for your test print?

Engineer
    I honestly didn't want to mess with custom belts this time around, I found the whole belt set was $10 and worth the price. Qidi doesn't seem to provide any specs for their items on ebay and now that I have one out of the printer I'll measure the teeth and spec out a belt. It'd be nice to go with kevlar but I'm not sure they make custom kevlar toothed belts of these sizes. Generally, the belt shouldn't stretch over time and have good wear properties.

You're welcome for the info and I'm printing your mount upside down (if that makes sense) right now to empty my spool. The support is really minimal that's being laid down and I'm wondering what infill % you went with for your test print?
    That's the same orientation I used. I printed it at 100%. It fractured right where the depending flange attaches. My flange flat on the bed print is at 100% with 9 top and bottom and 7 outside. I've switched to a standard PLA instead of the "Crystal" stuff. I don't think this one will break in the same manner. It'll come up with something new and different. <grin>

Super Moderator

One thing I ran into with changing the Y axis belts was getting the Y and X perpendicular.

That's the same orientation I used. I printed it at 100%. It fractured right where the depending flange attaches. My flange flat on the bed print is at 100% with 9 top and bottom and 7 outside. I've switched to a standard PLA instead of the "Crystal" stuff. I don't think this one will break in the same manner. It'll come up with something new and different. <grin>
    I'm printing it in Natural ABS which bonds extremely well for every part I've printed and I'll let you know how it turns out!

Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    One thing I ran into with changing the Y axis belts was getting the Y and X perpendicular.
    Wholly agreed as I still have to make a minor adjustment to even out the X-Axis but it hasn't affected my three test prints so far. I didn't replace the two long Y-Axis belts yet, only the short rear Y-Axis belt and even by doing that it's easy to misalign the axes. It really doesn't need to be perfect but every little bit helps I'd say. In my thread (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...lt-Replacement) I went through most of the details for replacing the short rear Y-Axis belt but I'm interested to know how you got the two Y-Axis belts out of their holders.

Engineer
    I'm printing it in Natural ABS which bonds extremely well for every part I've printed and I'll let you know how it turns out!
    Finished the print and with much prying and struggling finally got the support to release. The flange connection seems much sturdier than the print with the original orientation, but heck, something else may pop off, who knows.

Super Moderator

Wholly agreed as I still have to make a minor adjustment to even out the X-Axis but it hasn't affected my three test prints so far. I didn't replace the two long Y-Axis belts yet, only the short rear Y-Axis belt and even by doing that it's easy to misalign the axes. It really doesn't need to be perfect but every little bit helps I'd say. In my thread (http://3dprintboard.com/showthread.p...lt-Replacement) I went through most of the details for replacing the short rear Y-Axis belt but I'm interested to know how you got the two Y-Axis belts out of their holders.
    Getting the belts out was not a problem! The machine helped on that one! Looking back I think a pair of needle-nose pliers and slide the end of the belt out going toward the middle of the machine or pull toward you. I think you could try to take the spring tensioner off first and it might be a bit easier.
    To re-align I made sure the two belts were exactly the same length, down to the tooth. I then started one end with a specific number of teeth showing beyond the end of the holder then wrapped the belt around got it tight and put the other end in the holder. On the second one I started with the same number of teeth exposed for one end and put the other end in the holder with again the same number of teeth exposed after the holder. I don't know if that got it aligned but it meant the tension should be the same on both sides.
    Finally I loosened the set screws on all of the four "gears", one in each corner so they spun freely then moved the carriage to one end up to the stops and tried to make both side even then tightened the gears back up. Seems to do ok but I am sure my process can be improved. I did this with the whole top off and the gantry unit on the table bolted into the top frame.

Super Moderator
    Second printer on the way! I'll let all of you speculate on what it is!!! I'll post a pic when it arrives!

Page 284 of 411 FirstFirst ... 184234274282283284285286294334384 ... LastLast