Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best low/mid budget 3D printer for private usage?

Hi, I'm a school student with 3D modelling as a hobby, looking for a 3D printer that's got a decent price and a decent performance.
    I've got the patience to save up from about 300 to 800 USD, but I may be able to extend it a little.
    I'd love to be able to print some of the things I design, and actually be able to hold it in my own two hands.
    We've got 3 Makerbot Replicator 2's at the school I attend to, which I frequently use, so I'm not new on the subject, the only thing I'm unsure about is the price vs. performance ratio on various models, which is why I'm here.
    I'm not looking for a statue sized monster with 0.01mm precision, I'm looking for something a little.. cheaper and smaller, but still got a decent perfomance.
    Thank you in advance.

//Marc

If you are new to this, Printrbot has decent machines with a very good and reactive support. Plus, they're in the US so it's easier for you from there.

I'm not new to the whole 3D printing thing, I use 'em on a daily basis due to my current/previous school projects. Right now we're printing parts for a drone arm. I don't live in the US though, I live in Denmark. However, support may not be the biggest of my concerns since I'm confident I can DYI fix any potential breaks or flaws. But I'll look in Printrbot!
    //Marc

Senior Engineer
    Buy a second hand Makerbot clone, a CTC, Wanhao or similar from ebay. You will have to learn how to mend it sooner but you will have to even with a new one eventually. Save $300, buy one at $200 saving $100 for any bits to make it work right.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    like mj says - a flashforge or similiar is essentially the same machine you're using at school - just updated and cheaper :-)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3D-printer...item51c06457d2

can't find an ebay for denmark.

never seen any second hand ones - but nw ones are so cheap - why buy a broken one ?

Senior Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by curious aardvark View Post
    never seen any second hand ones - but nw ones are so cheap - why buy a broken one ?
    Because it's fun.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    lol - for you maybe :-)

Engineer-in-Training
    Flash forge creator pro.

Seems a little expensive for my budget

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...r?ref=category
    I've been looking at this, and it seems really promising. Is it any good or is it just a load of bollocks? Thinking of getting the early bird package, which is a 100 bucks.

EDIT:
    I just stumpled uppon this, https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...tegory_popular Seems great too
    Last edited by MrMbss1; 04-28-2015 at 02:08 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast