Close

3D Printing in Everyday Life: 5 Ways to Move The Industry Forward

Here's an article about [my opinion] on a few ways to push the industry forward. My #5 point is already in use (sort of) by the new movie: Big Hero 6.

What do you think? What's missing or could be added to make this list better?

Link: http://www.lonestarfilament.com/blog...dustry-forward

Cheaper printer prices..... The cheaper the better, I teach high school students and most of them can't even contemplate the prices for a makerbot or a cube. Even the solidoodle is still too much for some, especially as their parents probably would not be prepared to fork out for technology that still has major teething problems. The smoother the user experience the better and also the more affordable the better.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dfilemarket View Post
    Cheaper printer prices..... The cheaper the better, I teach high school students and most of them can't even contemplate the prices for a makerbot or a cube. Even the solidoodle is still too much for some, especially as their parents probably would not be prepared to fork out for technology that still has major teething problems. The smoother the user experience the better and also the more affordable the better.
    Definitely! Luckily the mass kickstarter projects will be available soon. It seems they are largely sub $600 printers. We'll see if that helps

Quote Originally Posted by iway View Post
    Definitely! Luckily the mass kickstarter projects will be available soon. It seems they are largely sub $600 printers. We'll see if that helps
    When printers can be cheaper than a play station that will a good price point do them. Also there needs a big player that we are all familiar with to release a printer. People trust Microsoft and Apple as they have proven to deliver good products that millions of use use everyday. When they venture into the market then people will be more likely to adopt it mainstream.