Close

Page 106 of 411 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 4110
    Quote Originally Posted by cncartist View Post
    That sounds like something very light hitting something. I had a hose (when I tried a Bowden) tapping like that on my frame until I tied it down. It drove me nuts. Does this printer have any plastic parts? I know of three sold on eBay and if those are loose it could make that creaking/tapping sound I heard in the vid. The more I listen to that it almost sounds like glass or the clear plastic is tapping. maybe the top or the side panel possibly.

My windows in this house do that when the loud thumping music drives by or a jet flies over (I live near the airport). The only fix for the windows is to apply some caulking inbetween the wooden frame and the glass and that kills the sound until I find another making that sound then go after it.
    Last edited by DarkAlchemist; 04-18-2016 at 09:09 PM.

Add cncartist on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAlchemist View Post
    That sounds like something very light hitting something. I had a hose (when I tried a Bowden) tapping like that on my frame until I tied it down. It drove me nuts. Does this printer have any plastic parts? I know of three sold on eBay and if those are loose it could make that creaking/tapping sound I heard in the vid. The more I listen to that it almost sound like glass or the clear plastic is tapping. maybe the top or the side panel possibly.
    It's definitely coming from the rear right bearing/pulley area. I've taken all the panels off the outside of the printer and isolated it right after it started happening. I've also loosened and taken the belts off the steppers individually to make sure the steppers were not the cause.

I thought it was the zip ties hitting for the X-Axis stepper wires before I did the cable chain upgrade, so your thought is definitely on track for the troubleshooting I've performed. Being isolated to the back right corner, the sound in the video echoes throughout the whole case.

Hey Guys,

Looks like I shot myself in the foot again. The Glass from McMaster doesn't fit the Maghold platform. The glass is way too small. Any way I can remedy this or do I need to get a new glass plate?
    IMG_20160419_010520.jpg

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by kaznad View Post
    Hey Guys,

Looks like I shot myself in the foot again. The Glass from McMaster doesn't fit the Maghold platform. The glass is way too small. Any way I can remedy this or do I need to get a new glass plate?
    IMG_20160419_010520.jpg

Thanks.
    If possible, redesign the corner pieces to support the glass for your setup?

It's definitely coming from the rear right bearing/pulley area. I've taken all the panels off the outside of the printer and isolated it right after it started happening. I've also loosened and taken the belts off the steppers individually to make sure the steppers were not the cause.

I thought it was the zip ties hitting for the X-Axis stepper wires before I did the cable chain upgrade, so your thought is definitely on track for the troubleshooting I've performed. Being isolated to the back right corner, the sound in the video echoes throughout the whole case.
    I am a fanatic about sounds like that as I can't tolerate them so all sorts of stuff in my house has these fun foam pieces wedged in between (where I can't physically remove the offending piece and insert it inbetween) to stop those kinds of sounds. It is either a bearing (first thought) or a plastic piece. Are those rods held up via plastic or metal holders? If plastic take it off and see if the fun foam inbetween stops it after it is put back together.

I am a fanatic about sounds like that as I can't tolerate them so all sorts of stuff in my house has these fun foam pieces wedged in between (where I can't physically remove the offending piece and insert it inbetween) to stop those kinds of sounds. It is either a bearing (first thought) or a plastic piece. Are those rods held up via plastic or metal holders? If plastic take it off and see if the fun foam inbetween stops it after it is put back together.
    Nice, completely agreed! That may be something to try as a fall back solution since the rods are held into plastic seats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FB-srvEAC4U

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    Ahhhh, see when I print ABS I stick it to 110c and leave it at 110c else it comes off. I wish I had a way to lower the temp gradually but not even S3D does that easily (you would think I wouldn't have to have a lot of profiles for such an easy task in S3D) as I always wanted a way to tell these slicers to lower the temp from layer 1 to say layer 5 or 7 gradually not all of a sudden at Z layer. I only lower the temp on PLA as I start at 60c and lower to 50c.

On the bed is that Kapton I see on it? I will McMaster a 6x9 glass (or 8x10 using the mod though if I did that I would attach a thin layer of Aluminum as a heat spreader so edge to edge gets warm).

While I am thinking about all of this I sure wish these slicers allowed us to get the bed to X temp and wait X amount of time before continuing that way the temps are more uniform when the print actually starts.
    Decreasing temps is pretty easy in S3D. Go to the temperature tab and add a Build plate temp per layer. However I only use 94C for the whole build. Never changes.

If possible, redesign the corner pieces to support the glass for your setup?
    I wish I can do that, but I am too much of a noob. Just got into 3D printing. But even if I redesigned it, switching to the spring plates will be a problem as I would have to remove the clips.

On another note, the Octoprint thing screwed me, after restarting the Raspberry Pi what ever setup I did has gone haywire. To think I spent hours getting the exact point to do the bed levelling, I guess my OCD got the better of me.
    I will try again later maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Decreasing temps is pretty easy in S3D. Go to the temperature tab and add a Build plate temp per layer. However I only use 94C for the whole build. Never changes.
    I tried that and it was alright but was better than the other slicers for sure. You would think it could be done with a slider way easier or a min/max and let it figure it out.

Has anyone developed a creaking sound with their Qidi? Mine is creaking bad on the y axis only. Any ideas?

Page 106 of 411 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast