Close

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    OK succes at bed at 120 and ABS at 250

Thanks for the input!

I just installed PEI on my bed and ran my first print, a simple 20 x 20 calibration cube and had no problem at 230/85 with ABS, specifically Hatchbox ABS in Black.

Sooo... Does the PEI sheet make noise while warming up and cooling down for anybody else? Mine makes a popping/cracking noise and it kinda freaks me out.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    I haven't heard anything from mine. I print my ABS at 235 and the bed at 110, I can do smalller objects with the bed at 90, but I get lifting on the corners if I don't have the bed up. I have also taken to using a 60watt light to light up the bed and to also give heat, as my printer is near a window. I have blue makerfarm 1.75, and Orange hatchbox ABS. On a side note, I have had the makerfarm filament jam, and the printer just goes on printing air, I am thinking I run into random thicker spots or bumps in the filament.

no noise here. Mine isn't taped to anything. I am just using about 8 clips to clip it to the glass that is above the heat plate.

Has anyone tried printing polycarbonate on PEI or buildtak? I have a roll, but could never get it to stick to anything.

Technologist
    Add usarmyaircav on Google+ Add usarmyaircav on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by clough42 View Post
    Has anyone tried printing polycarbonate on PEI or buildtak? I have a roll, but could never get it to stick to anything.
    Over at the SeemeCNC site, where I first found out about PEI, I did a searth through the thread and found that the original thread poster mhackney in a post about his PEI install says "It's a GREAT choice for PLA, ABS and polycarbonate. I've run enough prints of all three of these to be comfortable with it."

Engineer
    I was able to get one print out of my buildtak sheet before the second print started just a hair too low and ruined it. Would the PEI sheet be any more forgiving, or is it also sensitive to first layer height?

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMaia View Post
    I was able to get one print out of my buildtak sheet before the second print started just a hair too low and ruined it. Would the PEI sheet be any more forgiving, or is it also sensitive to first layer height?
    I have had mine close enough to where it blocks the extruded filament from coming out without any damage to the PEI sheet. It however wouldn't tolerate the nozzle sitting on the PEI for a long period of time because of the melting point of the PEI.

Engineer
    Plastic extruded too close and "smooshed" into the PEI sheet doesn't bother it?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast