Close

Page 345 of 411 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast
Results 3,441 to 3,450 of 4110
    Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by wirlybird View Post
    It is staggered on layers and is exactly where the preview has retractions. Two shells. Yes until no infill.
    Would Outline Overlap % (on the S3D process Infill tab) have this effect? Also what are your ooze control behavior settings (S3D process Advanced tab), is only retract when crossing open space checked?

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    It is staggered on layers and is exactly where the preview has retractions. Two shells. Yes until no infill.
    Did you change any acceleration settings? If yes you might need to bump up the Jkn values a little. It reduces the amount of plastic flow at the end of accelerated moves. Just a possibility. Can try coasting, it has a similar effect. I would say probably overextruding a little. The infiill overlap should be fine with 2 shells, I usually bump mine to 30%

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    Did you change any acceleration settings? If yes you might need to bump up the Jkn values a little. It reduces the amount of plastic flow at the end of accelerated moves. Just a possibility. Can try coasting, it has a similar effect. I would say probably overextruding a little. The infiill overlap should be fine with 2 shells, I usually bump mine to 30%
    These blobs are at the beginning of extrusion. I can watch with a magnifying glass and it plops them out. It squirts a blob then starts to move.
    I have tried a negative restart and it helps but other areas can suffer.
    Maybe a coast or more retraction could reduce it? I have learned to avoid this but am trying to refine the printing to reduce it!!

Super Moderator
    Problem on the QIDI X-ONE. I was doing a long print and I think the X stepper overheated. The gantry got stuck to one side and was real hard to move. turn the power off then back on and it moves freely but the motor was very hot.

How can I turn down the current to it if that is a good thing to try? It is a Marlin type board I believe. The scripts in S3D are very minimal due to it being a pre-release profile I am testing.

I remember some of you doing this on the Tech-1.
    Maybe there is something else I should look at?

Thanks.

Turned out to be the cable. First one I have lost. QIDI is going to send new ones. Love their service.

Technician
    Really cool. Just ordered the lights.

What material and settings did you use?
    I used orange Hatchbox PLA. Standard S3D high settings, 205/60 on the temperatures. I'm thinking the high probably isn't totally necessary on a piece like this.

The pictures here are without any sort of cleanup, but apart from taking care of some strings at the bottom and in one of the eyes I don't see doing much.

I realize I forgot to include anything for scale, but he's six inches tall and has a diameter of about five inches.

Annoyingly enough, I can't direct upload a picture? Weird. So, here it is:

I put an LED candle inside the guy and shut the lights off and it actually looks really cool. I'll probably do some more with a weaker infill to speed it up, and to make light shine through a bit better.
    2016_10_01_12_36_54.jpg

The real annoyance is that I've got a full kilogram of white ABS (and another of gold) and I can't seem to do anything with it successfully.
    Last edited by Merijeek; 10-01-2016 at 02:38 PM.

Technician
    ...and as far as my right extruder, I haven't actually DONE anything yet, but I'm printing out a much smaller ghost, and what I'm seeing is that my skirts tend to not adhere all that well, but by the time we get to the actual print it seems fine...

I was just generally cancelling out when I was seeing skirts that looked like garbage.

Super Moderator
    My latest project. I find that the bed has some side to side slop due to the adjuster screw holes are a little larger than the screws and gives it the ability to shift. It is not bad but does happen from time to time.
    I have built a platform add on that lets me drill holes that are snug for the adjuster screws and I also bolted it to the platform to add a little more rigidity.
    This set up snugs the springs a little also. You do lose a bit up Z height but it is minimal.

The issue is worse on the QIDI but the FFCP was available at the time to take apart for measuring so it gets it first.

[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    You won't lose any Z height doing that. It just compresses the springs a little more.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jfkansas View Post
    You won't lose any Z height doing that. It just compresses the springs a little more.
    Yea, I guess you are right now that I think about it. I did have to make the Z shim a little thicker but part of the concept was to compress the springs a little more so the bed is held a little firmer.

Got to coat a piece of glass and see how it prints.

Technician
    Being new, I don't see the point. What did modifying your bed like that do for you?

Page 345 of 411 FirstFirst ... 245295335343344345346347355395 ... LastLast