Close

Follow Eddie On Twitter Add Eddie on Facebook Add Eddie on Google+ Add Eddie on Shapeways Add Eddie on Thingiverse

QU-BD One Up - Open Source Production Ready 3D Printer on Kickstarter

This is a new Kickstarter Project that launched yesterday. They have a goal of $9,000 but have already blown past it.

The Kickstarter project can be found at: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...ready-3d-print

Seems like a nice buy,

But at a side i don't realy see it being alot better then example a Printrbot (250 dollars)
    Also i guess the speeds will be aprox the same.

Oh well, I knew i remembered that girl, She also made once a nice Dual Extruder kit, Seems like she's realy into 3d printers tho ^^
    And i do have to give it to her that the design she used is new instead of using a old model and putting a flashy case around it.

Btw they realy went through that Kickstarter with ease this time :P

Technician
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLuigi View Post
    But at a side i don't realy see it being alot better then example a Printrbot (250 dollars)
    Also i guess the speeds will be aprox the same.
    I backed the Up 2 version of the project yesterday. Didn't realize WW3 was going on in the background. Printrbot is going for $300. Where is it going for $250 at?

I might go the Printrbot route instead for my 1st printer. Don't need all of this drama and looks like Printrbot has shipped thousands of these things and I can get it from Amazon with prime.

[Edit]
    I spent the evening reading up on the Printrbot. I'm impressed and ordered a Jr version. It was on sale on amazon for $664.05 vs $699 on their website.
    Last edited by crowbar; 10-23-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathana View Post
    http://www.fabric8r.com/forums/showt...ull=1#post6353 just use the link to order them cheaper and to christmas. Nice, right?
    That was only for people who order one of there big printers, And because people are posting the link all over that doesn't work anymore.