Close

Restrepo Shows Off 3Doodled Fashion

Designer Adriana Restrepo is a voice all her own. Her one-of-a-kind way of thinking has led the artist to create her own view of human and technology interaction, particularly in her conception of a post-human world, and she has created a project called Brainocytes exploring this correlation. As part of her design, Restrepo turned to the 3Doodler 3D printing pen, drawing right on to the human body to create unique visions of "digital sickness" unlike anything we've seen before. Check out what she has to say about her creations, as well as how they were made, in the full article: http://3dprint.com/37912/3doodler-fashion-design/

Below is a photo of a design from artist Adriana Restrepo:

Staff Engineer
    There's an aweful lot of aftereffects in a lot of those pictures, it's hard to tell where the plastic ends and the Photoshopping begins.
    For the most part, she comes off as totally crazy, but she's an artist, so it's okay.

Though it's not related to the 3Doodler, I gotta say those black shoes in the last picture are genius though.

Hello Feign, sadly I am not totally crazy (tough I wish I was so I could get away with everything in my life).

As an artist/designer I am completely theory and concept led, which makes me do things as coherently as possible, with outcomes that may seem a bit uncanny for the normal/mainstream viewers. If you read the book I wrote about it, you would most definitely get an idea where all of this comes from.

And for the after effects, here are some raw images so you can see that the plastic is the plastic and has not been altered at all.

Have a great weekend

Attached Images Attached Images

Staff Engineer
    Quote Originally Posted by larestrepo View Post
    Hello Feign, sadly I am not totally crazy (tough I wish I was so I could get away with everything in my life).
    Yeah, don't we all.
    I guess the only really crazy looking piece in it all is the white and pink headdress (third and fifth in your post). My favorite though is the radial white and pink cloak/jacket.

Also, now that I see it without the effects, the black to white gradient headdress looks amazing practicality aside. But then it seems only possible to choose two between fashion, practicality and hard plastic.