Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Engineer
    Yup, I use HoloIRC. It's already configured OOB with freenode connection settings, just select it and it'll connect. Then choose your username with "/nick [username]", without the quotes and brackets, of course. Then join the makerfarm channel with "/join ##MakerFarm". Again, without quotes, but with the ##. That'll get you in and started.

You can edit the freenode server settings when disconnected to set up a default username, a backup username or two, to set up a channel to join automatically when connected, and a password to automatically identify you as the owner of a username registered with nickserv. That's as far into configuring HoloIRC as I've gone, other than to select the app appearance I prefer.
    Last edited by AbuMaia; 01-23-2015 at 01:24 PM.

I screwed up a little, so in an effort to fix it i have been reading. Per freenodes channel naming guidelines we should have a double hash ## in front of out name. Also i didn;t know the channel would need to be registered to maintain an op status etc...

So that being said, I have created the channel ##Makerfarm, it has been registered etc. not that it will be policed but just so we are within freenodes guideline if people would please go to ##MakerFarm instead of #makerfarm

Thanks.

Also i will updating the first post as well to reflect this.

edit: first post updated :-)
    Last edited by sniffle; 01-22-2015 at 09:35 PM.

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Just refreshing the thread. Thanks for setting this up, sniffle. It has came in handy for Q&A and exploring ideas with those who are logged in.
    Last edited by printbus; 01-29-2015 at 05:59 PM.

just a quick bump for new people that are popping in

Just got on

Add printbus on Thingiverse
    Seems like there's another wave of people about to be building an i3v. Just highlighting the IRC channel as a community support option.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12