Close

Threaded View

Student

Replicator 2X carriage/belt slip

hello fellow Makers

as the title indicates I have a problem with my x-axis stepper/pulley/belt

I received my new Rep2X yesterday and did some test runs right out of the box with overall satisfying results except one problem:
    the x-axis is slightly offset randomly in every print
    this results in circles not being round which is the biggest part of the problem

I did a print of the "Multiple Calibration Print" which confirms my x-axis problem with an offset of ~0.6mm
    strange enough this offset not always happens so I did the following steps according to makerbot support page
    • tighten the x-axis belt
    • tighten the x-axis pulley screw
    • switch x and y Botstep on the Mightyboard

none of this solved the problem and while checking the Rep2X parts I noticed that there is a slight slip of the pulley when I pull on the belt and the stepper motor is not affected by this
    as mentioned I already tightened the pulley screw as much as possible without ruining the screw head but it didn't help

I did the same belt pulling on the y-axis stepper motor but it didn't move a bit

now my question is if there is anything else I could try exept getting a new pulley/stepper motor which might be my last option
    thanks in advance for your help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Feliks87; 01-20-2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: turned out it was not the pulley but the belt/carriage connection