Close

Fan which cools down the printer board?

Hi

I'm suspecting my fan on my printer control board to be running badly, makes alot noise. And I'm looking for a replacement, anyone know the specifications on it?

*I don't have access to my printer atm to measure myself, but is it 40 or 50 mm?

small 24VDC fan sounds like a pig, just put 100Ohm resistor in series it will lower 24V down to 17V. Fan will lose some rpm and that squalling sound.

Super Moderator
    Add jfkansas on Thingiverse
    40mm 24v. The stock one is very noisy. I am actually using a 12v fan on the 24v output and it is quieter than the stock fan even though it is probably running 2 times its rated speed. Some very knowledgeable electronics guys say that that fan isn't even needed because the mainboard doesn't get that hot. The fan actually just blows some air over the stepper drivers mainly.

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...208-ND/2621113

This one will work if you want to try it. Not sure how loud it is though compared to the stock fan.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigern View Post
    Hi

I'm suspecting my fan on my printer control board to be running badly, makes alot noise. And I'm looking for a replacement, anyone know the specifications on it?

*I don't have access to my printer atm to measure myself, but is it 40 or 50 mm?
    It's most likely not faulty, it's just too close to the frame and is causing vibration noises (mine was LOUD!!!)

Put some foam between the frame and the top of the fan housing, should be alot quieter (mine was anyway)
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com