Close

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Engineer-in-Training
    Anyone get their filament from: http://www.formfutura.com/ ?

I am still waiting.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    I'd suggest you contact them directly.
    Worked for me :-)

Student
    So I got a package from Maker Geeks today.

I was told I won some filament and to pick what I wanted from their store. I chose some black Ninjaflex because it was under their PLA tab. I chose some of their bronze PLA as a back-up in case the Ninjaflex didn't count, even though it was under the PLA tab on their site.

What I got was an inconceivably small sample of material that I guess is blue 1.75" PLA judging by the marker writing on the bag. The bag weighs more than the sample and the sample is neither of the materials I asked for.

Is this a separate sample and I still await what I asked for, or did I get nothing that was I was told I would?

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but two months after the contest ends and I get exactly nothing that was promised.

Super Moderator curious aardvark's Avatar
    check the prize wording and contact makergeeks directly.

Engineer-in-Training
    I contated Formfutura directly and they said it was up to 3D Print Board. Well time to give up, I am not playing this back and forth for a roll of filament.

Add Geoff on Thingiverse
    Quote Originally Posted by JediJosh View Post

I was told I won some filament and to pick what I wanted from their store. I chose some black Ninjaflex because it was under their PLA tab. I chose some of their bronze PLA as a back-up in case the Ninjaflex didn't count, even though it was under the PLA tab on their site.

What I got was an inconceivably small sample of material that I guess is blue 1.75" PLA judging by the marker writing on the bag. The bag weighs more than the sample and the sample is neither of the materials I asked for.

Is this a separate sample and I still await what I asked for, or did I get nothing that was I was told I would?

I hate to look a gift horse in the mouth, but two months after the contest ends and I get exactly nothing that was promised.
    If it were another company I would be suspicious, but Makergeeks are pretty trustworthy all round good folk, if something went wrong it's possibly because they are super busy and it got mixed up.

Try and contact Josh, he is a really top notch guy

joshua@makergeeks.com
    Joshua b Smith

C.O.G. (Chief Operating Geek) | www.makergeeks.com
    Hex3D - 3D Printing and Design http://www.hex3d.com

Technologist
    Add bshadown on Thingiverse
    i dont wana join the screaming crow with pitch and forks but...... its been a while and i havent recieve my portabee printer, not even an email of any kind so if some can help a little it would be appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by JediJosh View Post

I haven't heard a word at all from them...

Student
    Update:

I emailed Maker Geeks. I explained the situation as I did above. They emailed me back super fast and explained that I got a package intended for another client. They asked me my choice for the filament and said they would get it out immediately. I was impressed at teh speed with which they replied and offered a solution. If it comes as they said I will post another update.

They have a good reputation, and for now I will say it is earned.

Senior Engineer
    It's all very confusing this now. Should we have an update saying who has honoured their end and who has not, name and shame so to speak?

Vendors do this sort of thing for publicity and if they do not honour their end we should know so that we can deliberately avoid dealing with them.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast